Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 21, 2017, 12:37:33 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Birding forum  |  Migration  |  Topic: 2015 Autumn Migration « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 Autumn Migration  (Read 2474 times)
paulgaucin
ABS Member

« on: August 04, 2015, 07:18:25 pm »

Anyone seen anything significant yet? An early returning pair of Honey Buzzard seen moving over Gaucin on Sat 01 August (Bob Buckler) and a Common Kestrel moving through today but so far no Black Kite (in contrast to last year when we had seen several hundred by now). Big numbers of Common/Pallid Swift early this evening with 450+ through in 10min.
paulgaucin
ABS Member

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 07:59:15 pm »

More than 3500 Black Kite heading NE-SW over Gaucin this afternoon between 1630hrs and 1830hrs. This would be an underestimate as I wasn't watching for the full 2hrs. In amongst them a lone adult Egyptian Vulture.
Peter
'Please support ABS'
Administrator

www.spanishnature.com

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 10:43:18 pm »

Has a group of 40+ Black Kite this am, also small numbers of up to 8 Booted Eagle passing south - Ronda. Large number of migrant Lesser Kestrel, c.60+ Monte Corto today 12.45 pm.

Peter
For great birding and wildlife tours.
www.worldwidebirdingtours.com

Articles are published on my blog: http://spanishnature.blogspot.com/
For day tours in 'my' area see: http://spanishnature.com/serrania-de-ronda.html
paulgaucin
ABS Member

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 12:55:31 pm »

1000+ Black Kite through over Gaucin yesterday between 15:45-16:05hrs. Also, 500+ Common/Pallid Swift in under 2min.
paulgaucin
ABS Member

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 01:40:40 pm »

Black Kite continue to move through over Gaucin and now, also, significant numbers of Honey Buzzard e.g. 100+ yesterday afternoon. A first in Gaucin for me on Wednesday was a Western Olivaceous Warbler; Common Redstart are beginning to turn up in the area, too.
Linda
ABS Member

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 12:07:41 pm »

700 White Storks at La Puebla de Cazalla dump (km59 of A92) today. I counted 100 individually on the ground (until I realised my children would get me locked up if they found out) and estimated 600 on ground and 2 flocks of 40 and 60 in air. Also dozens / a hundred black kites. Dosens / a hundred jackdaws (these are uncommon locally in summer and common in winter so I don't know whether passing through or arriving). 50 plus cattle egrets (these are common locally most of, if not all, year and therefore may not be on migration). Dozens / 100 yellow legged gulls. Booted Eagles over garden recently but I have never seen one at the dump. Linda
paulgaucin
ABS Member

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 02:44:09 pm »

The last couple of weeks have seen steady, if unspectacular, migration over Gaucin. Raptors observed include Egyptian Vulture, Honey Buzzard, Common Buzzard, Black Kite, Booted Eagle, Short-toed Eagle, Marsh Harrier, Montagu's Harrier, Osprey and Lesser Kestrel. A couple of days ago there were Rock Thrush and Black-eared Wheatear on the west slope of El Hacho mountain, both migrants moving through.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Birding forum  |  Migration  |  Topic: 2015 Autumn Migration « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length