Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 23, 2019, 12:08:01 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field meeting for Dec 2015 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Field meeting for Dec 2015  (Read 7890 times)
Franky no Hair
Frank Hair of Buitre birding Holidays
ABS Member

« on: October 25, 2015, 12:54:07 pm »

Event :- December field meeting and Christmas lunch.

Date:-. 12th Dec

Meeting Point:-Bar Restaurante Rincon Taurino on the A397 Ronda to San Pedro Road.
Time:-9.30
Leader for the day:-  Frank Hair
Directions to the meeting point:-The meeting point is on the A 397 Ronda to San Pedro road just before the turning to Cartajima and Juzcar (the blue village)
Information about the meeting:- As this is more of a social event we will be driving around the serrirs de Ronda

Accommodation in the area:-  There are several Hotels on the web site under ,Affiliated Services,accommodation by Province, Malaga, including the hotel we are having lunch at.

Clothing and food:-  It is December so it will be cold so worm cloths will be needed.  You can always take it off, but if you don't have you can't put it on. Lunch will be at the Hotel Bandolero in the village of Juzcar.  It will be a 3 course lunch at a cost of 18 euros.
The Menu is:

- Starter: Blue cheese, apple, walnut salad with mustard/honey vinaigrette.
- Main: Medallion of pork tenderloin with mushrooms Pedro Jimenez, mash and veggie.
- Dessert: will be a Chef's surprise.
- Bread
- No drinks included.

Possible birds:- Griffon Vultures, Eagles Bonelli’s and Golden (poss), Ring Ouzel, Alpine Accentor, Black Wheatear, Firecrest and other mountain birds.

Other sites in the area for those staying over night:- El Penon de Zaframagon near Olvera. Between Olvera and Arcos de la a frontera via Villamartin along the A384 there are several lagunas which at this time of the year can be very rewarding and different to the birds we will see in the Sierras.

I would like to get the names and numbers to the hotel by next Monday7.12.2015 so get your names in before then.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 11:14:18 am by Peter » Logged

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
Janet and David
ABS Member

Janet and David Fisher, married for years!

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 11:25:36 am »

Hi Frankie,
Please put David and I on the list for the December meeting and lunch.  We will stay in our usual hostal in Rhona and drive out to the meeting place on Sat morning.  Let's hope it doesn't rain this time!  Janet x

Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 10:27:15 am »

Unfortunately I don't think I will be here for this trip. Such a shame as the food was superb last year. Also I won't be here for the November trip either. Peter will be here though.

Brenda

Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 10:28:34 am »

Angela and Tony will be attending this meeting and staying at Hotel Bandolero.

geoffinsweden48
ABS Member

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 08:37:38 pm »

Hi Frank.
Hopefully be able to attend this one as we're on our way down from Sweden now. Taking it easy on the way with some birding in Holland, UK, France and of course Extremadura. Right now in Bordeaux and will see if there's time for a visit to Le Teich reserve. Look forward to meeting other members and seeing these blue houses.   8)
roderick
ABS Member

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 12:19:58 am »

Hi Frank, Linda and I will be attending the December meet.We are staying at the Hotel Bandolero. Linda and Rod Prout
GeoffBrowne
ABS Member

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 05:38:41 pm »

Geoff & Sharon intending to be there.
Ricky Owen
ABS Member

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 08:36:15 pm »

Hi Franky

My wife and i will be attending this event

Ricky
Peter Ashley
ABS Member

Keen birder and photographer

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 08:34:57 am »

Hi Frank
Marnie and I will be there
All the best Peter Ashley

Peter Ashley
The Hacketts

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 07:35:22 pm »

Hi Frankie:

Diane & I had hoped to be there, as last year was an excellent meal. Unfortunately we have a clash of dates, which we can't get out of, so unfortunately we can't make it this year.

Hope you have a good birding morning, and a GREAT lunch. All the best for Christmas and the New Year to all the members. See you all in January 2016

Dave & Diane
Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 10:59:22 am »

I will be there Frank. I leave the next day.

Brenda

GeoffBrowne
ABS Member

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2015, 06:12:53 pm »

Geoff & Sharon regret we can´t make the December field meeting after all. Best wishes to everyone
Barrie

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2015, 08:24:19 pm »

I will be there, but on my own as Jan is in UK. I am staying in the Hotel Bandalero in Juzcar so I will not have too far to stagger after the meal!

Barrie Avis

Janet and David
ABS Member

Janet and David Fisher, married for years!

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2015, 01:02:51 pm »

As I understand it, Peter Jones will be leading the day, and we both look forward to seeing everyone and hope for a lovely day!  Janet and David
Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2015, 02:47:28 pm »

Hi Frank,

Angie and Tony will not be having lunch.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field meeting for Dec 2015 « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length