Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 09:48:36 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field meeting for Dec 2016 « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Field meeting for Dec 2016  (Read 2574 times)
Franky no Hair
Frank Hair of Buitre birding Holidays
ABS Member

« on: September 19, 2016, 03:16:59 pm »

Event-  ABS Xmas lunch
Date – Dec 10th 2016
Meeting Point -  Venta El Tropezon III
Time -  09:30
Leader for the day – Frank Hair
Directions to the meeting point- El Tropezon III is at the outskirts of Montecorto on the Carratera de Sevilla A374. Take the turning signposted to the village of Montecorto off the main Ronda to Sevilla road and the second road off the roundabout which leads to the car park belonging to the Venta. The venta is clearly visible from the main road and is next to a large furniture (Muebles) warehouse.
Information about the meeting- This year we will be returning to Al Largo in Zarha de los Sierra.  I have arranged for us to have a chicken curry rice, flat bread and chutney plus a drink for 12 Ero.  This is the same day the Al Largo will be having there Xmas fair so lots to look at one we have finished lunch.  I will need the numbers for this meeting by the end of Nov if not sooner and I will be asking  for payment before we get to El Largo.
Accommodation in the area-  Check out the mail web site as this site straddles Cadiz and Malaga. 
Clothing and food- It is December and we will be going in to the sierras so we need to rap up.  Food will be supplied at Al Largo
Possible birds- wintering birds Ring Ouzel, Alpine Accentor etc. Resident birds include Golden Eagle, Bonelli's Eagle, Griffon Vulture, Black Wheatear, Blue Rock Thrush, Chough, Crag Martin, Dartford Warbler and Rock Bunting.
Other sites in the area for those staying over night. El Penon de Zaframagon near Olvera. Between Olvera and Arcos de la a frontera via Villamartin along the A384 there are several lagunas which at this time of the year can be very rewarding and different to the birds we will see in the Sierras.

We will be looking for a member to write a trip report for this meeting.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 09:20:45 am by Franky no Hair » Logged

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
Franky no Hair
ABS Member

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 08:44:11 am »

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
Franky no Hair
ABS Member

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 09:20:11 am »

Arthur
ABS Member

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 03:35:52 pm »

Hi Frank

This is to confirm that my wife and I will be attending the field meeting on 10th December and also the Christmas lunch.

Look forward to seeing everyone then

Arthur Peach
Bob and Lynn Carr
ABS Member

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 03:29:43 pm »

Hi Frank,

Just confirming that Lynn and I will be attending the December meet.  Looking forward to it.

Regards,

Bob
Ricky Owen
ABS Member

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 08:22:53 pm »

Hi Franky

Sonia and I will be attending , and having lunch .

Ricky
Toots
ABS Member

Keen and gaining expertise slowly

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 08:33:05 pm »

Hi Franky,

I'll be at the field meeting and Xmas lunch.

Ellie
Derek Etherton
ABS Member

Magazine editor

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 03:50:40 pm »

Hi Frank.....both Barbara & I will be attending, Mick & Jill Smith travelling with us.

Derek
Franky no Hair
ABS Member

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2016, 06:54:04 pm »

Hi Peeps to try and get some more members to come we have added more choices for the lunch.
coconut chicken curry plate, a veggie curry or grilled veggie flat bread pizza,
home made pasta with beef ragout or stuffed turkey breast.  I need to get the numbers to Al Largo by Thursday.  I have just had a look at the weather and it look OK cloudy but a small chance of rain 0.4mm.
                                            Have Fun Frank

jerry
ABS Member

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 12:39:40 pm »

Hi Franky ,  Barbara and Jerry will be now attending as hospital appointment has just been changed . We will  choose  the curry dish ,thanks.
Wilkinson999
ABS Member

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 03:14:12 am »

Hello Franky,
Just to confirm Peter & I will be attending on saturday & for the lunch 2 x Curry. Thanks. Helen
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field meeting for Dec 2016 « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length