Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 12:36:32 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field meeting for April 22 2017 « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Field meeting for April 22 2017  (Read 1514 times)
Franky no Hair
Frank Hair of Buitre birding Holidays
ABS Member

« on: March 19, 2017, 11:10:24 am »

Event, Visit to Donana in April 2017
Date, April 22nd 2017
Meeting Point The SEO/Birdlife visitors center in El Rocio.
Time,  10.00
Leader for the day, Frank Hair
Directions to the meeting point,  The visitors center is at the eastern side of the town, via a walk way that transverses the edge of the laguna.  There is parking in the town.
Information about the meeting,
Coto Donana is one of the best birding sties in southern Spain and it is holding it's annual bird fair over the weekend for the 21st ,22nd and 23rd of April.  I am going to visit the other side of Donana on the 22nd, so if members want to visit the bird fair they can on the 23rd.  I will start at the visitors center in El Rocio, moving on to the next reserve at La Rocina, depending on how big the group is we may split up into smaller groups to explore this reserve.  Traveling further towards the sea we come to El Acebuche reserve.  Again we will spend time here splitting into smaller groups if needed.
Accommodation in the area, We have no Affiliated Members  in the area so have a look at the usual web sites for hotels in the area.
Clothing and food It may still be cool so bring coats and hats you can always take them off.  I will be bring a packed lunch and I will be having lunch in the reserves.
Possible birds  What can I say this is Donana during the spring migration so the birds are too numerous for me to list, we will see what we will see.

We will be looking for a member to wright a trip report for this meeting.

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
Wilkinson999
ABS Member

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 06:03:39 pm »

Hello Frank,

Peter & I will be joining for this meeting.

Thanks,

Helen Burgers
geoffinsweden48
ABS Member

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 05:09:04 pm »

Hej Frank
We will be there and by the way thanks for Saturday,  can't blame you for the wind.
Pauline Horton
ABS Member

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 09:08:31 pm »

Hi Frank,
We will be three attending the Donana meeting.
Pauline and John Horton and Graham Leach.
Jim Wardell
ABS Member

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 11:15:51 pm »

Hi Frank,
Thanks for leading the fine trip last weekend. Bärbl and I had a great time, regardless of all the wind. So we'll definitely be on board for the Doñana meeting.
barbarajean
ABS Member

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 12:31:02 pm »

Hi Frank,
Mike and I are coming across from England to go to the Bird fair. We had intended to join you on the Saturday but now my brother and sister-in-law ( none members) have decided to join us for the trip which rather throws a spanner in the works. Do you know or can you recommend any guided tours that we could book or, if we've left it too late, would it be okay if they joined the ABS for just the morning perhaps? He is a very keen birder and I don't want him to be disappointed. Any suggestions? We are staying  in Coria del Rio for 3 nights.
Cheers Barbara
Jim Wardell
ABS Member

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 05:23:24 pm »

Hi Frank,
 Alas, I have managed to pull a hamstring muscle - how I don't know - and can't stand or walk for more than five or 10 minutes at a stretch. So Bärbl I won't be able to come tomorrow, but we wish you all great birding!
Cheers,
Jim Wardell
Katina Simmons
ABS Member

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 07:54:13 pm »

Hi Frank,
I am a new member and plan to join you in Doñana. Hope I can find the meeting point!

Thanks so much,
Katina
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field meeting for April 22 2017 « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length