Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2017, 06:56:18 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: ABS field meeting for Aug 2017 « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ABS field meeting for Aug 2017  (Read 860 times)
Franky no Hair
Frank Hair of Buitre birding Holidays
ABS Member

« on: June 19, 2017, 06:21:37 pm »

Event ABS field meeting for Aug 2017

Date 19 August

Meeting Point
Venat Apolo XI in the village of Tahivlla.

Time09.30

Leader for the day Frank Hair

Directions to the meeting point
Tahivlla is on the Carretera Nacional No 340 also known as the E5.  Ruffly half way between Tarifa and Vejer de la frontera

Information about the meeting
We will be visiting the area around La Janda and Barbate estuary.  The area will be hot at this time of the year so being hats and sunscreen.

Accommodation in the area
Check out the ABS for affiliated members in the area
Clothing and food
It will be hot so light clothing, hats and sun screen.  I will be bringing a packed lunch but there are lots of excellent venats in the area.
Possible birds
White Stork, Short-toed Eagle, Booted Eagle, Spanish imperial eagle, Egyptian Vulture, Griffon Vulture, Montagu's Harrier, Marsh Harrier, Purple Swamphen, Glossy Ibis, Bald Ibis and possibly Black Stork.

Other sites in the area for those staying over night
Bolonia, Gibraltar, Los Barrios, Ojén Valley, Río Guadiaro and Río Palmones & marshes. Information about all these bird sites can be found on the Society's web site http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/bird-sites/cadiz.html

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
jerry
ABS Member

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 07:25:25 pm »

Sorry , Jerry and Barbara won't be able to attend .
Pepe Fer
ABS Member

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 11:27:28 pm »

Iré a la Janda el día 19 de agosto, después de bastante tiempo.
Henny
ABS Member

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 11:01:43 am »

We will join you on the 19th.
Derk & Henny
Kevin Wade
ABS Member

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 10:36:13 pm »

Will be there on the 19th  - are you going to order some of those chicken sandwiches Franky??

Kevin
Pepe Fer
ABS Member

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 06:40:58 pm »

El nuevo socio José María García también irá a la Janda. Hasta el sábado próximo.
Ricky Owen
ABS Member

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 10:52:18 pm »

Hi Franky

Sonia and I will see you on Saturday

Ricky
Bob Wright
Bob Wright
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 10:25:42 am »

Franky

New member Susan Devereaux will be joining you on Saturday.  Message sent to you by email (copy of reply to Susan from me).  She will pass on her membership fee which I can collect from you at the committee meeting on 8 September.

Hope that you have a great day withlots of rare birds.

Bob

Bob Wright
Bob Wright
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 01:33:13 pm »

Franky

Another new member, Graham Mills, will be joining you on Saturday and bringing his friend Tony Ireland who is a prospective new member.

Suedevs
ABS Member

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 03:08:40 pm »

Hello Franky,

I think Bob has mentioned that my son & I will be joining you on Saturday.  He's the expert, not me - he's been birding since he first noticed the blackbirds in the garden and recognises calls, songs  juveniles, etc. He's 14 now.  We have been following ABS activities fir some years now and have watched it grow steadily and are now proud to be members.

We are ex-expats having lived in Puerto Santa Maria for 10 years until 2011.  Our 'patch' was our wild garden and Valdelagrana.  We used to go ringing from time to time with the Ardea group in Cadiz, which was the last time we went to la Janda - night ringing of nightjars, a couple of years ago. Nico's job was to release the birds.  There's not a day goes by when we don't ask ourselves why we ever left!

Nico & I look forward to taking off from Apolo xi at 9.30am on Saturday,

Sue Devs

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: ABS field meeting for Aug 2017 « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length