Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 07:40:59 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field meeting for Oct 2017 in Tarifa. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Field meeting for Oct 2017 in Tarifa.  (Read 1471 times)
Franky no Hair
Frank Hair of Buitre birding Holidays
ABS Member

« on: August 29, 2017, 03:49:44 pm »

To all members that were attending this meeting I have made a big mistake and only the members no the list up to Francisca will be able to attend please pass this on to any members that were going to attend.  I have tried to add the members that I had left off but it is now too late to add any more to the list.  I must apologise for this my life at the moment is not good and my head is not with me.
Here is a list of the member that have put there name down but now can not attend.
Pauline Horton
Gramam Frederick Leach
Derek Etherton
Barbara Etherton
Derek Johan kevin klouwenberg
Hendrika Maria Jacoba Christ
John Williams David Taylor
Maureen Ann Taylor
Robert Wright
Jennifer Wright
Marieke Berkvens
Steffen Frederik Strik
Luis Alberto Rodrigez
Claudia Tomlin
Sea watching from the isla de Tarifa
Date
21 Oct 2017
Meeting Point
At the start of the road leading to Isla de Las Palomas in Tarifa (between Playa de Los Lances and Playa Chica),​
Parking should be easy in the adjoining streets.   From here we will walk to the entrance of Isla De Las Palomas (restricted area), where Guardia Civil will be waiting to open the gate. Once inside, we will keep walking to the recently constructed observatory next to the lighthouse (less than 1Km total walk). The programmed time to exit the restricted area will be around 11:30 A.M.

Time
Leader for the day
 Marce Morles
Directions to the meeting point
This link to google maps indicates the exact location of the meeting point https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1PtfBWEi65adexU86TX5oWKI0MYQ&ll=36.00856171556128%2C-5.606878995895386&z=17
Information about the meeting
The Isla de las Palomas in Tarifa is within El Estrecho Natural Park, is the southernmost end of the European continent. Here the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea meet, providing privileged opportunities to observe seabirds on migration. Late October is one of the best times of the year to watch this spectacle, both in terms of quantity of birds and diversity of species.
It is important to remember that:
The list of participants, including full name and passport/ NIE number should be emailed to frankynohair@hotmail.co.uk.
● The entire group must access and exit the restricted area within “Isla de Las Palomas” simultaneously, accompanied by Guardia Civil.
This meeting is restricted to 25 members including our guide.

● Identity documents must be kept handy when accessing the restricted  area.
● During the visit the group must stay around the observatory and the surrounding designated area, which is clearly delimited.
● In case of bad weather we will find an alternative birding destination in the are
● The use of field scopes is highly recommended.  Frank will also be bringing 2 scopes.
●   A recently built observatory provides, some extent, shelter against wind and rain.
Please, feel free to phone or email us anytime in case any further information is needed:
Accommodation in the area
Check the links on the ABS web site.
Clothing and food
Waterproof jacket and warm clothes.
As we will be finishing the sea watching at 11.30 Frank will be heading to La Janda for the afternoon and will be taking a packed lunch, but he will be stopping at Apollo XII for a coffee on the way so lunch could be taken there.
Possible birds 
Some of the most representative species to be observed include: Scopoli’s and Balearic Shearwater, European Storm-Petrel, Gannet, Mediterranean, Audouin’s, Lesser Black-Backed and Yellow-legged Gull, Sandwich Tern, Razorbill, etc. In addition, we should expect to observe an interesting array of passerines on their way to Africa and there is always the chance to observe Bottlenose and Striped Dolphins.

Other sites in the area for those staying over night.
At this time of the year any site looking out to sea will be good, and there is always La Janda.
We will be looking for a member to write a trip report for this meeting.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 06:21:06 pm by Franky no Hair » Logged

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
Bob Wright
Bob Wright
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 08:12:11 pm »

URGENT - PLEASE NOTE

The date for this meeting is Saturday 21 October.

Bob Wright
Bob Wright
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 01:18:13 pm »

The following (at least) are booked in to a local hotel to attend the 21 October meet:

Bob and Jenny Wright
Derek and Barbara Etherton
Marieka Berkvens - travelling from Belgium

davidmac

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 06:32:57 pm »

We'll be attending this meeting.

David MacGowan
Jan Barwick
davidmac

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 06:57:06 pm »

Correction:

Just noticed change of date.

We won't be able to attend on 21st October.

David MacGowan
Jan Barwick
Bob Wright
Bob Wright
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 09:08:50 am »

Just heard that Graham Thomas also attending and passport number already sent to Franky.

Speaking last Saturday, informed that Helen and Peter Burges also attending.

Bob

Wilkinson999
ABS Member

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 04:53:16 am »

Hello Franky,

Yes Peter Burgers, Marja Burgers & myself will be attending on Oct 21st in Tarifa. Am emailing Passport details to you now.

Kind regards,

Helen Burgers
Ricky Owen
ABS Member

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 10:37:53 pm »

Hi Franky

Sonia and I will be attending , I have sent our ID numbers to your email .

Ricky
Pauline Horton
ABS Member

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 08:55:36 pm »

Hi Frank.
Pauline Horton and Graham Leach will be attending the meeting to Tarifa on October 21st.
I will send you the passport details by email.
Regards, Pauline.
Henny
ABS Member

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 02:15:36 pm »

Hello Franky,

Henny & Derk Klein Klouwenberg will be attending this meeting. Sending passportnumbers by email.

Regards, Henny

Franky no Hair
Frank Hair of Buitre birding Holidays
ABS Member

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 07:04:31 pm »

Frank Hair
PM Grinstead
JSBrooks
Garry Pearson
Graham Thomas
Marja Burgers
Perer Burgers
Helen Burgers
Richard Owen
Francisca Mateos Ruiz
Pauline Horton
Gramam Frederick Leach
Derek Etherton
Barbara Etherton
Derek Johan kevin klouwenberg
Hendrika Maria Jacoba Christ
John Williams David Taylor
Maureen Ann Taylor
Robert Wright
Jennifer Wright
Marieke Berkvens
Steffen Frederik Strik
Luis Alberto Rodrigez
Above is a list of the members Possport or NIE numbers that I have received an email from.  At the moment there are 23 members attending so only places for 1 members left.  Please check this list and contact me if you have emailed me and I have missed you from this list ASAP.  If you want to attend contact me and I will add you to the list.
                                                        Have Fun Frank
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 07:26:02 pm by Franky no Hair » Logged

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
Maureen Taylor
ABS Member

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 08:38:56 pm »

Hi Frankie

John and Maureen Taylor would like to attend if numbers allow. I will send NIE and Passport info tomorrow.

Cheers Maureen
Bob Wright
Bob Wright
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 02:17:15 pm »

Passport Numbers for we three:

Bob Wright -
Jenny Wright - 
Marieke Berkvens  - following as soon as Marieke contacts me

Already confirmed attendance for all three way back.

Bob
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 10:34:45 am by Bob Wright » Logged

Bob Wright
Bob Wright
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2017, 10:36:00 am »

Updated list with Marieke's ID number sent to your private email earlier this morning.

I have just removed our personal details from the posting on the Forum for safety reasons.

Bob

stef.strik
ABS Member

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2017, 12:45:45 pm »

I attend the meeting and hope for goog weather!
Stef Strik, NL
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field meeting for Oct 2017 in Tarifa. « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length