Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 07:40:45 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Nov 2017 Field meeting at Fuente de Piedra « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nov 2017 Field meeting at Fuente de Piedra  (Read 1345 times)
Franky no Hair
Frank Hair of Buitre birding Holidays
ABS Member

« on: October 02, 2017, 05:56:51 pm »

Event - Fuente de Piedra

ABS Field meeting 18 November 2017 at 0900hrs.

Meeting Point

The car park at the information centre

Leader for the day

Frank Hair

Directions to the meeting point

The town of Fuente de Piedra is just off of the A92 motorway junction 132, and the information centre is at the other side of the town, check out Google maps for directions.

Information about the meeting

For a change we are not having a EGM or OGM this is just a field meeting looking for the winter visitors that will be around the laguna and surrounding fields.

Accommodation in the area

Check out the ABS web site.

Clothing and food

As this is November it may be cold and wet, so warm waterproof clothing is needed. Food wise, there are local ventas in the village, or bring a packed lunch.

Possible birds

Common Crane, White-headed Duck, Little Bustard, Greater Flamingo, Stone Curlew aka Eurasian Thicknee, Jack Snipe, Hen Harrier, Merlin, Bluethroat, Reed Bunting and other interesting winter species.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 07:11:18 pm by Franky no Hair » Logged

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
Trevor Hexter
ABS Member

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 11:39:07 am »

Hi Frank

Ruth and I both are planning to attend this one, but one question Friday the 17th or Saturday as normal?

Regards

Trevor
Derek Etherton
ABS Member

Magazine editor

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 10:08:04 am »

It is on Saturday the 18 Nov., as per the current magazine.

Trevor Hexter
ABS Member

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 06:55:41 pm »

Thanks for that Derek, assumed it would be but thought best to check
Franky no Hair
Frank Hair of Buitre birding Holidays
ABS Member

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 07:12:12 pm »

Sorry Peeps this is on the 18th.

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
Bob Wright
Bob Wright
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 03:49:09 pm »

Claudia Tomlin will be attending.

Jonathan Maitland
ABS Member

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 11:37:07 pm »

Myself and Maria Jesus will be attending.
elainer
ABS Member

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 04:59:04 pm »

Hi Frank.
I thought I had already responded but can't see it now. I am attending the meeting at Fuente de Piedra.
Regards.
Elaine
Jim Wardell
ABS Member

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 09:57:54 am »

Hi Frank,
Bärbl and I will be attending. We are in Germany right now but shall be staying in Chiclana for a couple weeks from Nov. 11 to 25 restoring vitamin D levels and looking for an apartment in Chiclana for an extended stay in 2018. My mobile phone number (with Germany country code) will 49 173 263-7572. I think we'll probably look for overnight accomodations in Fuente de la Piedra so we don't have to spend a couple hours on the road before the meeting.
Cheers,
Jim Wardell and Bärbl Knorr
Jim Wardell
ABS Member

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 11:05:25 am »

Bärbl and I have booked to stay Friday night in Hotel Fortes La Nuit in Mollina.
Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 07:52:25 pm »

I will be away yet again!

Brenda

Ron Hatch
ABS Member

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2017, 09:07:45 am »

Hi Franky

I will be attending this meeting.
At the moment the road is closed at the Fuente de Piedra roundabout as you come off the A92.It's just a small detour for the Laguna past the garage and through the square.Hopefully normal route will be reopened by the meeting date.
All the best Ron Hatch
Robin Paton
ABS Member

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 10:10:56 am »

Good morning,

I will be joining you at Fuente de Piedra....Robin
leon fr
ABS Member

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2017, 09:02:38 pm »

Hi Frank
I wil be there
Leonfr
Colin
Mike Lumber
ABS Member

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2017, 01:46:44 pm »

I'll be attending the meeting on Saturday at FdP, might arrive a little late as I have to drive down, but I'll have the contact numbers with me.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Nov 2017 Field meeting at Fuente de Piedra « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length