Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2018, 03:04:17 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field meeting for June 2018 to the penon de Zaframagon Olvera « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Field meeting for June 2018 to the penon de Zaframagon Olvera  (Read 2013 times)
Franky no Hair
Frank Hair of Buitre birding Holidays
ABS Member

« on: March 31, 2018, 11:01:33 am »

Event
ABS field meeting to the Penon de Zaframagon Olvera
Date
June 16th 2018
Meeting Point 
Hotel Estación Vía Verde Olvera
Time 
Leader for the day
Frank Hair

Directions to the meeting point
Check the internet from your area,  The Estacion is at the start of the via verde in Olvera, if you type the meeting point into google maps you will find it.  At the moment there is a diversion at the top of the hill but this should be gone by June, if not I will meet at a different point.

Information about the meeting
I plan to drive to the car park 2km from the information center and walk to the viaduct under the penon.  The information center now has a coffee shop so I intend to have lunch here, I will be bringing a packed lunch but the coffee shop has some food.

Accommodation in the area
We have no corporate members in Olvera so check the internet.  We have 3 hotels in the town plus lots of houses to rent. Via airbnb and booking.com.

Clothing and food
It is June and we will be exposed so bring hats and plenty of water.  Drinks are available in the coffee shop.

Possible birds.
Griffon Vulture. Egyptian Vulture, Short-toed Eagle, Booted Eagle, Bonelli's Eagle, Lesser Kestrel, Little Owl, Alpine Swift, Bee-eater, Thekla Lark, Crag Martin, Red-rumped Swallow, Nightingale, Blue rock thrush, Dartford Warbler, Subalpine Warbler, Cetti's Warbler, Chough, Golden Oriole are just a few.

We will be looking for a member to write a trip report for this meeting.
I have just been to the road leading from Olvera to the estition on the via verde and it is still closed, but there is a detour. As you look at the start of the road turn left, only 5 meters along this road and just past the bus station you turn right.(you will see the sign for the cycle hire) you follow this road for 20 meters it then turns right, at the end of this road turn left back on to the road leading to the via verde.  The visitors centre will be doing some ringing for us to see.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 07:39:54 pm by Franky no Hair » Logged

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
Trevor H
ABS Member

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 02:29:53 pm »

Hi Frank

Ruth and I are looking forward to attending this trip, it'll be our first visit to Zaframagon.

See you there

Regards

Trevor
davidmac

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 06:45:27 pm »

Dear Frank

We'll be joining you for the day on June 16th.

Looking forward to it.

David MacGowan
Jan Barwick
Jacki Gittens
ABS Member

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 02:10:24 pm »

Hi Frank, having booked my flights I’ll be attending. Look forward to it. Jacki
Peter
'Please support ABS'
Administrator

www.spanishnature.com

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 09:53:52 am »

I hope to be there, Brenda will be away so on my own. I believe Janet Dixon is also hoping to attend.

Peter
For great birding and wildlife tours.
www.worldwidebirdingtours.com

Articles are published on my blog: http://spanishnature.blogspot.com/
For day tours in 'my' area see: http://spanishnature.com/serrania-de-ronda.html
Peter
'Please support ABS'
Administrator

www.spanishnature.com

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 09:56:22 am »

x

Peter
For great birding and wildlife tours.
www.worldwidebirdingtours.com

Articles are published on my blog: http://spanishnature.blogspot.com/
For day tours in 'my' area see: http://spanishnature.com/serrania-de-ronda.html
rsrw
ABS Member

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 12:35:38 am »

Hi Frank,

Helen and I will be coming along on our first field meeting and are very much looking forward to it. See you next Saturday.

Best wishes,

Rodney Warren
Janet and David
ABS Member

Janet and David Fisher, married for years!

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 11:10:44 am »

Hello Frankie,
David and I will come to this meeting at Olvera.  Hope you are well and look forward to meeting old friends on Saturday.
Janet and David
ABS Member

Janet and David Fisher, married for years!

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 11:17:45 am »

Hi Frankie,
I have already replied to say we are coming, but I want to make sure:  we are coming from Antequera.  Am I right in remembering that we take the first exit to Olvera from our direction?  We don't have GPS but we know the way to the old station and the Via Verde.  If there is any change, please email me: jandavefisher@hotmail.com
Thanks
Janet Fisher
Roger Smith

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 04:06:14 pm »

Hi Franky.

Jean and I will be joining you at the Olvera field day on Saturday.

Regards. Roger Smith.
Ricky Owen
ABS Member

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 10:17:35 pm »

Hi Franky

Sonia and I hope to be able to make it .

Ricky
Maureen Taylor
ABS Member

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2018, 10:08:06 am »

8)  Hi Frank   Maureen and John plan to be there.

Our 1st field trip with ABS was with you on Via Verde a few years ago. Wonderful Birds. Here's hoping.

We Look forward to seeing you and friends, Cheers!

Jonathan Maitland
ABS Member

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2018, 08:56:04 pm »

Hi, I'll be there and so will Ron. Looking forward to it.

Jonny
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 09:17:51 pm by Jonathan Maitland » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field meeting for June 2018 to the penon de Zaframagon Olvera « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length