Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2018, 03:41:42 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: August 18th 2018 field meeting to Guadalhorce Malaga « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: August 18th 2018 field meeting to Guadalhorce Malaga  (Read 2413 times)
Franky no Hair
Frank Hair of Buitre birding Holidays
ABS Member

« on: June 05, 2018, 08:31:40 am »

Event

FIELD MEETING MOUTH OF THE GUADALHORCE - NATURE RESERVE

Date

SATURDAY 18/8/2018

Meeting Point

GUADALMAR CHURCH (CALLE GUADALHORCE) HAVE A LOOK AT “GUADALMAR, MALAGA” IN GOOGLE MAPS

Time

9:30. THERE ARE CAFETERIAS AT CALLE ROGELIO OLIVA (GO CALLE MANUEL CURROS ENRÍQUEZ DOWN TO THE BEACH, LEFT AND RIGHT AGAIN AT THE STOP SIGN, TURN RIGHT INTO CALLE CASTELLÓN DE LA PLANA AND RIGHT AGAIN AT THE END OF THE STREET).

Leader for the day

LUIS can not do this one as he will be in the UK so I (frank Hair) will be doing this one.

Directions to the meeting point

TAKE THE AIRPORT EXIT FROM MA-20 AND FOLLOW THE SIGNS TO GUADALMAR. TURN LEFT AT THE “GUADALMAR” ROUNDABOUT TO THE CHURCH AND PARK. PLEASE, FOR SAFETY PURPOSES, DO NOT LEAVE ANY-THING IN PLAIN VIEW IN THE CAR AND AVOID OPENING AND MOVING THINGS AROUND IN THE BOOT AFTER PARKING.

Information about the meeting

THE WALK IN THE RESERVE WILL TAKE AROUND 3-4 HOURS OVER A DISTANCE OF 5 KMS. THERE ARE NO PICNIC AREAS OR TOILETS IN THE RESERVE.

Accommodation in the area

WE HAVE NO AFFILIATED MEMBER ACCOMMODATION IN THE AREA. WE RECOMMEND SEARCHING THE WEB FOR LOCAL ACCOMMODATION.

Clothing and food

IT IS VERY HOT AND SUNNY IN AUGUST ON THE COAST. WEAR SUNSCREEN AND HAT AND BRING SOME WATER WITH YOU. THERE ARE SEVERAL VENTAS IN THE AREA FOR THOSE NOT WISHING TO BRING A PICNIC.

Possible birds

WHITE-HEADED DUCK, LITTLE EGRET, BLACK-WINGED STILT, KENTISH PLOV-ER, ZITTING CISTICOLA, CETTI’S WARBLER, LITTLE BITTERN, TURTLE DOVE, RED-RUMPED SWALLOW, WOODCHAT SHRIKE, AUDOUIN’S GULL AND MANY OTHERS.

Other sites in the area for those staying over night

MONTES DE MÁLAGA, EL TORCAL, EL CHORRO

We will be looking for a member to write a trip report for this meeting.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 05:15:27 pm by Franky no Hair » Logged

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
Trevor H
ABS Member

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 10:56:43 am »

Hi Franky

Ruth and I are coming to this meeting.  Two things though

We are flying in to Malaga on the Friday and so far have booked the Sol Guadalmar hotel at a fairly eyewatering amount for 1 night.  Does anybody know of a better choice regarding cost, this one is 170€ without even breakfast.  We are off to the Ronda Parador for a couple of days, a while later and that is not a lot more and the breakfasts normally are huge.  Any local knowledge would be great.

Also we haven't collected our ABS magazines for this year, will you or anybody else have a supply that we can take away?

Regards

Trevor
Derek Etherton
ABS Member

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 10:15:18 am »

Hi Trevor....that is indeed eye watering!  However nothing is cheap this time of the year as it's peak holiday time in the Malaga area and it's the start of la Vuelta, so all the teams, media, TV crews block book the hotels.  However, better value is the Posadas de Espana - Malaga, situated on the Technology Park some 5km away from the airport.  I've had friends stay here and they rate it highly, in fact on Booking.com it scores an 8.  At the moment on Booking.com it is shown as 99 euros a night.

Hope this may help

Regards

Derek
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 09:21:15 am by Derek Etherton » Logged
Trevor H
ABS Member

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 10:16:04 am »

Hi Derek

Thanks for the suggestion, got that booked so that €71 you saved me!  We'll buy you a cold beer one day

Regards

Trevor
Jonathan Maitland
ABS Member

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 06:12:31 pm »

Hi Franky, myself and Che wil be attending this trip.
Thanks,
Jomny
Erik.krikke@gmail.com
ABS Member

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2018, 12:13:38 pm »

Hi Frank,

Erik and I will be joining you for this trip!
Henny
ABS Member

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 12:50:17 pm »

I'm joining if I can find the meeting place.
Henny
Roger Smith

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 05:19:03 pm »

Hi Franky.

Jean and I will be joining you at Guadalhorce on Saturday morning.

Regards.  Roger.
Ron Hatch
ABS Member

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2018, 12:19:35 am »

Hi Franky

A bit late but I will be attending

Cheers Ron
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: August 18th 2018 field meeting to Guadalhorce Malaga « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length