Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2018, 10:36:41 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Boat trip Strait of Gibraltar 4th August 2018 « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Boat trip Strait of Gibraltar 4th August 2018  (Read 1828 times)
Franky no Hair
Frank Hair of Buitre birding Holidays
ABS Member

« on: May 07, 2018, 06:11:16 pm »

Event
 Boat trip in the Strait of Gibraltar
Date
4th August 2018
Meeting Point
At the moment it will be at the gates of Tarifa port.   
Time
To be arranged before this date due to tide times.
Leader for the day
Frank Hair
Hi Peeps we only have a few weeks to go and we only have 16 members saying that they will be coming we need at lest an other 3 so we can get the cheep deal.
Directions to the meeting point
Check the internet from your area.

Information about the meeting
This is an extra day for August so we can do some sea watching along with  some cetacean watching.  I am hoping to get the small boat so we will be able to look for sea birds as well as the cetaceans.  The cost for this trip will be 50 euro for a 3hour trip.  We need to get over 19 people to get this price can you send names to my personal email which is frankynohair@hotmail.co.uk

Clothing and food
As this is in the middle of the summer and we will be at sea hats are a must along with lots of sun screen.

OK I have just booked this for 20 people, I have to phone back on Wed next week to see what time the trip will start.  Once I have the time I will post it here.  With regards to discounts,  if we are 20 people we will all get 20% if we are under 20 then pensioners will get 30% and us youngsters will get 10%.

OK I have just called the boat people and the trip will start at 6pm but we need to be at the office at 5pm and we need to pay in cash in one go to get the discount.  This time is for the 3hr trip and this is the best time for the tides.  I have been asked to say that there is no guarantee that we will see Orcas.
Some rules for the boat,
No Smoking
No rubbish to be thrown into the sea
No flip-flops or saddles, closed shoes
There is no bar on this boat so if you want a drink you can bring your own but no glass bottles.
Lastly if you are not used to Sailing take a sea sickness pill 1/2 an hour before sailing.
We should finish at 9pm.
I will be going down in the morning and will be at Cazalla for most of the day see you there.

I have just had a look at the wind for Saturday and it is less that it is today but I will call on Friday to see if it is still on.  If it is shall we all meet in Lidl car park at 4.30 so we can walk down to the harbour which is only a short walk.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 08:45:51 pm by Franky no Hair » Logged

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
Ricky Owen
ABS Member

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 06:44:40 pm »

Hi Franky
Have sent e-mail

Ricky
Suedevs
ABS Member

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 07:27:56 pm »

Nico & I will be there.  Sounds a fantastic trip - really looking forward to it.

Sue Devereaux  :)
Henny
ABS Member

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 10:41:58 am »

Hello Franky,
we would like to join the boattrip.
Henny & Derk
Mike Lumber
ABS Member

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 06:43:15 pm »

Hi there, I sent you an e-mail when the notification first came out, asking for a place. Hopefully you'll be able to count on me on this trip.
Peter
'Please support ABS'
Administrator

www.spanishnature.com

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 09:55:24 am »

Hoping to attend.

Peter
For great birding and wildlife tours.
www.worldwidebirdingtours.com

Articles are published on my blog: http://spanishnature.blogspot.com/
For day tours in 'my' area see: http://spanishnature.com/serrania-de-ronda.html
Katina Simmons
ABS Member

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 04:16:42 pm »

It is on my calendar. I sent you an email.

Thanks so much,
Katina
Franky no Hair
Frank Hair of Buitre birding Holidays
ABS Member

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 02:08:57 pm »

iop

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
Erik.krikke@gmail.com
ABS Member

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 02:34:11 pm »

Frank,

we are new members, Erik Krikke and Josine van de Voort and this will be our first field trip with the ABS. I have send you an email we would like to join he boat trip but have not had any confirmation.  How do we go about this? Will all the information be on this forum?
My email is jvandevoort@xs4all.nl. How do we pay, cash?

regards,

Josine
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Boat trip Strait of Gibraltar 4th August 2018 « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length