Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2018, 11:57:43 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Oct field meeting at Brazo del Este  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oct field meeting at Brazo del Este   (Read 581 times)
Franky no Hair
Frank Hair of Buitre birding Holidays
ABS Member

« on: September 15, 2018, 08:37:13 am »

Event, 
Oct field meeting at Brazo del Este 
Date,
 20th Oct
Meeting Point,
  Venta Casa Cachopo in the Urb La Hermandad
Time, 
Leader for the day,
 Frank Hair
Directions to the meeting point
 Check google maps to find directions to this meeting point from your destination.
Information about the area.
The Brazo del Este Natural Park is 17 kilometres south of Seville, where the main channel ofthe Guadalquivir forks off. After 39 kilometres of consecutive meanders, or vueltas, as the locals call them, is joins back up with the first channel, almost 16 kilometres further down.
The natural park is the result of modifications that man has been making to gain farmland from the Guadalquivir, one of the oldest branches of the river that runs through the marshes. Despite a large amount of human intervention, which started at the beginning of the last century, it has become an exceptionally important wetland for birds.
Accommodation in the are
we have no affiliated  members in the area so you will have to check out the internet.
Clothing and food,
At this time of the year the weather can be changeable so be prepared for anything.
Possible birds,  This area is good for all types of waders and migrants at this time of the year.

We will be looking for a member to write a trip report for this meeting.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 09:09:55 am by Franky no Hair » Logged

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
Pauline Horton
ABS Member

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 09:27:37 pm »

Hi Frank.
looking forward to visiting a new Birding destination,
Pauline Horton and Graham Leach.
Robin Paton
ABS Member

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 10:33:53 am »

franky, ignore my previous posting! Graham Mills and I, Robin Paton, will join you on 20th. awaiting info on meeting point.
Bob Wright
Bob Wright
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 09:32:07 pm »

Monday 8 October

Just signed up for the day albeit guests will be staying with us so leaving Jenny behind.  Travelling on own and staying near Dos Hermanas.  Indeed, "Booking.Com" has awarded me a "guest discount" of 15 Euros if anyone else books in the area and uses the link with which I have been provided. The meeting point looks out of the way but then appears easier when plotted on Goole Maps.  The next Monthly Mailing should be out to members by the end of this week and I have included some directions to help those attending.

If interested in the booking.com connection send me an email so that I can reply with the discount link, etc.  (rcnwright@gmail.com)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Oct field meeting at Brazo del Este  « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length