Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2018, 10:58:56 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: First November field meeting to Huétor Fields and Sierra de Loja.2018 « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: First November field meeting to Huétor Fields and Sierra de Loja.2018  (Read 2171 times)
Franky no Hair
Frank Hair of Buitre birding Holidays
ABS Member

« on: August 09, 2018, 07:31:01 pm »

Event, Huétor Fields and Sierra de Loja.

Date, Wed 7th November 2018

Meeting Point, Abades Service area off the A92 at Loja.

Time, 09:30 to leave by 09:45

Leader for the day, Mick Richardson.

Directions to the meeting point, From the Granada bound Carriageway leave the A92 at exactly KM 189 and go to the top of the slip road. We will meet on the large patch of open waste ground on the far side of the Petrol Station.

Information about the meeting, The morning will be spent on Sierra de Loja looking for Alpine Accentor, Ring Ouzel, Redwing, Fieldfare, Blue Rock Thrush, Black Wheatear and Other upland species. The afternoon will be on Huétor Fields looking for Bluethroat, Little Bustard, Stone Curlew and other lowland species.

Accommodation in the area, Hotel Cortijo de Tajar (www.cortijodetajar.es)

Clothing and food, Warm clothing as we will be going to 1400m in the sierra and the weather can be unpredictable. Packed Lunches this year as far too much time was wasted last year in the bar.

Possible birds, Alpine Accentor, Ring Ouzel, Redwing, Fieldfare, Blue Rock Thrush, Black Wheatear, Golden Eagle, Red-billed Chough, Rock Bunting, Rock Sparrow, Bluethroat, Little Bustard, Stone Curlew, Lapwing, Golden Plover, Iberian Magpie and Others.

Extra days either side of the meeting to visit other areas can be arranged directly with Mick on lojawildlife@gmail.com.

We will be looking for a member to write a trip report for this meeting.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 07:07:10 pm by Peter » Logged

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
Franky no Hair
ABS Member

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 10:23:52 am »

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
Ron Hatch
ABS Member

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 11:14:19 am »

Hi Franky and Mick

I will be attending Cheers Ron
Franky no Hair
ABS Member

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 06:30:22 pm »

Peter & Helen Burgers will be attending.

Mike Lumber
ABS Member

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 06:49:20 pm »

Barring last minute work obligations I intend to be there, although I can't stay for the whole day as I have to work in Granada at 4pm...time enough to do the Sierra de Loja part. looking forward to it
Pauline Horton
ABS Member

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 12:03:45 am »

Hi Frank and Mick.
We are looking forward to joining you next week at Sierra de Loja and Heutor Fields.
Pauline and John Horton.
jerry
ABS Member

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 09:29:08 am »

Sorry Barbara and Jerry are now unable to attend due to hospital appointment .
birdybargee
ABS Member

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2018, 08:47:30 pm »

I would very much like to go, but have no car this trip. Anyone willing and able to give me a lift to and from Olvera (Cadiz)? I will contribute to expenses, of course. Paul Collins
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 09:08:03 pm by birdybargee » Logged
geoffinsweden48
ABS Member

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2018, 09:21:44 pm »

Hej
Coming on Wednesday
Geoff and Liza
Bob Wright
Bob Wright
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2018, 02:41:54 pm »

Busy checking on everyone else that I forgot to put my own name down!  Rampant senior moments yet again.  I will be with you Mick and hope to set off from here as soon after 8 as posible complete with cap!

Bob

birdybargee
ABS Member

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2018, 09:44:08 am »

I now have transport for Wednesday so will be there at the appointed place and time! Paul Collins
Helen Burgess
ABS Member

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2018, 11:08:51 am »

Really disappointed but we won’t be able to make Wednesday meet this week as we have a building problem at home that can only be fixed on Wednesday.

Regards Helen & Peter Burgers
Lindsay Pheasant

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2018, 09:00:11 pm »

Hi Franky

Lindsay, Mick Smith, Derek and Barbara Etherton will be coming on Wednesday.
NickS
ABS Member

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2018, 06:56:27 am »

Hi,

Just to let you know that I intend on coming tomorrow.

Best regards
Nick Stephens
Bob Wright
Bob Wright
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2018, 07:30:04 am »

5 November

Message received to say that Corrinne & Ollie Hibbert will be present and hope to bring two prospective new members.

Bob

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: First November field meeting to Huétor Fields and Sierra de Loja.2018 « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length