Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 12:16:43 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: A Day in the Sierra de Libar area 2nd March 2009 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Day in the Sierra de Libar area 2nd March 2009  (Read 14317 times)
TonyB

Enthusiastic amateur birdwatcher. Mountain walker

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 11:07:13 am »

Eve and I are up for the barbeque idea. 

Tony
Rosie

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 06:31:31 pm »

Dear Peter

Thanks for your welcome.  Unfortunately I don't think we are now going to be able to make it as we have a house guest with us for only a couple of days then and I'm not sure it's quite her thing.  Will try another time.

Hope you trip goes well. Only been there once, on business and saw very little, not even a toucan.

Regards

Rosie
Mosca

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 09:04:00 am »

I can not make the trip. My wife has a lot of work on and I need to look after our son.
Hopefully I will be able to get on other day trips.

I hope everyone has a great day, I'm very jealous,

Pete
clive
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009, 09:07:15 pm »

So, what's the plan then?

bring your own salad and butties and share them out up by the refugio?

Its a week on Monday cos February is almost finished....

What time is meeting up time etc etc....

:)
ali

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 06:48:26 pm »

Hello Peter

I would like to participate on Monday the 2nd, although I am not a member yet. Is it OK? If so, at what time is the venue at Venta la Vega and how do I find it coming from San Pedro de Alcantara.

Best regards    /   Arne Lindholm
TonyB

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 07:57:56 pm »

I met Arne and his wife on the walk to Las Buitreras the other day and told them about the ABS and the outing.  I believe they're both members of SEO Marbella.

Peter
'Please support ABS'
Administrator

www.spanishnature.com

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 08:51:42 pm »

Hello Peter

I would like to participate on Monday the 2nd, although I am not a member yet. Is it OK? If so, at what time is the venue at Venta la Vega and how do I find it coming from San Pedro de Alcantara.

Best regards    /   Arne Lindholm

Arne,

You are very welcome and a warm welcome to the forum. For ideas on the day and meeting place please see my next post on here.

Peter ;)

Peter
For great birding and wildlife tours.
www.worldwidebirdingtours.com

Articles are published on my blog: http://spanishnature.blogspot.com/
For day tours in 'my' area see: http://spanishnature.com/serrania-de-ronda.html
Peter
'Please support ABS'
Administrator

www.spanishnature.com

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 09:02:59 pm »

Hi everyone and excuse a few alternative suggestions here on the original proposal for our first ABS meeting.

I have been looking at the local forecast and that on Yahoo for next Monday and it seems we may have some showers! I still propose to go ahead with the meeting, but in view of the forecast I think it may be more sensible to take a lunch at The Bar Stop at Benaojan Station (opposite the roadside platform). The venue is very cheap and offers reasonable food. I also think we can all meet there at 09:30am Monday 2nd March. Those arriving early can grab a coffee or other beverage and when we are all assembled we can head off in sufficient vehicles to cater for all. Those leaving vehicles behind can collect them when we return for lunch. What do you all think? I am worried that if we get to the refuge area in Sierra de Libar and it rains we will all be seperated in various vehicles whilst eating a picnic lunch. At least this alternative means we can all have a good chat over lunch and discuss our day plus ABS.

Let me know what you all think please.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you all.

Peter  :)

Peter
For great birding and wildlife tours.
www.worldwidebirdingtours.com

Articles are published on my blog: http://spanishnature.blogspot.com/
For day tours in 'my' area see: http://spanishnature.com/serrania-de-ronda.html
clive
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 10:10:48 pm »

I have been looking at the local forecast and that on Yahoo for next Monday

Everybody knows that the most reliable weather forecast for The Grazalema and Sierra's is on Grazalema guide on the Left hand column :)

Me and Sue are up for coffee, beer, tapas and lunch!

We can also fit up to 4 extra in the car if anyone wants to share...

Clive
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 09:08:41 am by clive » Logged
TonyB

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 08:54:20 am »

Looks like a wise plan to me.  Good place for breakfast and lunch too.
Eva Bratek
ABS Member

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 11:48:00 am »

Sounds good, the big bowl of sopa de picadillo that they bring you to the table there is on my mind  :P

"I believe that an orderly universe, one indifferent to human preoccupations, in which everything has an explanation even if we still have a long way to go before we find it, is a more beautiful, more wonderful place than a universe tricked out with capricious ad hoc magic."
- Richard Dawkins
john
ABS Member

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 05:13:20 pm »

I really wish I could make it - particularly if Clive's barbecue goes ahead; that man's a demon of the grill!  There were also still a couple of Alpine Accentors about and lots of Rock Buntings and Black Wheatears along Llanos de Libar. 

I thought I'd better warn folks that when I was in the area last week the road SW of Benaojan (i.e. from near Jimera de Libar) was closed and we had to detour via Ronda.  Naturally those living nearby can advise  on the current situation, but I thought I'd better flag it up to save any inconvenience,

John
TonyB

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 09:56:26 pm »

Yes, the Benaoján - Jimera road is still closed about 1 km from its junction with the Benaoján - Montejaque road.  As John says, if you're driving to Benaoján station from the Jimera/Cortes de la Frontera direction you have to go via Ronda.
TonyB

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 10:48:40 pm »

Amendment to above post about the road closure. 

The road is closed just above the village of Benaoján and Eve tells me that it's possible to avoid the road block by droppoing down off that road and driving through the village. 

Like most Andalucian villages, it's almost impossible to give someone directions if they don't know the place.  However, if you head for the church that will bring you onto the one-way system and back out of the village at the "right" end.  Think of the village as some kind of digestive tract ;D
ali

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2009, 05:40:35 pm »

Benaojan 9:30 sounds good to me. Looking forward to the meeting. /  Arne
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: A Day in the Sierra de Libar area 2nd March 2009 « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length