Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2018, 01:46:33 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field Meeting for November 2012 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Field Meeting for November 2012  (Read 12574 times)
jerry
ABS Member

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 05:23:48 pm »

hope to be there - weather permitting but where is the road junction as dont have sat nav can you give me km marker ?
Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 05:42:42 pm »

Hello Barbara and Jerry,

If you are coming along the Antequera road, A 367, you will go through a village called Cueva del Becerro. We are 12 minutes from there. After the village you will eventually get to a BP garage on your left, keep going for a few kms, you will pass (on your right) a place selling swimming pools, there is one up  on it's end.
After approx 1km there is a Restaurante Cimbra on your left, turn left there (there is a butane gas depot next to it) and park outside the restaurant. That is the junction. It is very small and is onto a lane. If you reach the traffic lights you have gone too far.

Coming from the San Pedro road, continue to the traffic lights and take the A 367 for Antequera (2nd right at the traffic lights). Restaurante Cimbra is therefore on your right.

Mb no is 616 891 359

See you tomorrow

jerry
ABS Member

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 06:11:54 pm »

Thanks Brenda
hope to see you then
B
Peter
'Please support ABS'
Administrator

www.spanishnature.com

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2012, 07:02:34 pm »

Hi Everyone,

Just to say a number of us fancy a lunch in a local venta, which of course can add to the attraction of the day! So no need for a packed lunch.

Peter

Peter
For great birding and wildlife tours.
www.worldwidebirdingtours.com

Articles are published on my blog: http://spanishnature.blogspot.com/
For day tours in 'my' area see: http://spanishnature.com/serrania-de-ronda.html
Peter
'Please support ABS'
Administrator

www.spanishnature.com

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2012, 10:41:24 am »

ABS Field Meeting 10th Nov. After some hasty rescheduling of both the meeting place and venue, due to heavy rains damaging high mountain access routes, the society had a successful day touring various sites at lower altitudes around the Serrania de Ronda. 63 species and great lunch ensured a very successful day! Hopefully Ellie will provide a trip report and species list. Thanks to all those attending.

Peter

* IMG_6332---Griffon-Vulture.jpg (96.96 kB, 900x600 - viewed 354 times.)

Peter
For great birding and wildlife tours.
www.worldwidebirdingtours.com

Articles are published on my blog: http://spanishnature.blogspot.com/
For day tours in 'my' area see: http://spanishnature.com/serrania-de-ronda.html
Petrea
Cómpeta Naturaleza

Cómpeta - Axarquía - Málaga

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 07:53:22 am »

We were looking forward so much to visiting Sierra de las Nieves, where we have never been.
Alas, what a pity that such a well prepared programme had to be cancelled! Hope we get the chance again some other time.

Many thanks to Peter who saved the day with a quick response and an alternative plan!

Regards
Petrea and Mogens.

David
David

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 06:38:02 pm »

We have done a recce of the Sierra de las Nievas site today and I am pleased to tell you that all the tracks are passable.

The Field Trip will therefore go ahead this Saturday 24th November and I hope to see you there.

If you are coming would you please post on the forum to tell me you are.

For the details of the trip see the original posting - everything remains the same other than the date.

Today, although it was warm on the coast, it was cold in the mountains.  So bring warm clothing and don't forget your packed lunch.

Kind regards
David

David
Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2012, 01:46:55 pm »

I'm going to try and go, but will be on my own. Peter is still in Morocco.

Brenda

Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2012, 10:41:55 am »

Barbara and Jerry are hoping to go too. See email...

David
David

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2012, 11:43:31 am »

SIERRA DE LAS NIEVAS FIELD TRIP

Seven of us met at the meeting point and enjoyed six and a half hours of good birding and wonderful scenery.  The weather was kind to us and it remaind dry throughout the day although the temperature on occassions was rather chilly.

The track along the gorge had been severly damaged by the recent storms but some repair work that had been carried out made it passable.  However, the track up to Los Quejigales had been properly scraped and was in the best condition that I have seen.

In total we saw thirty one different species, which is good for this site in late November.  The species we recorded were (in systematic order) -

Griffon Vulture, Golden Eagle, Peregrine Falcon, Wood Pigeon, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Chough, Jay, Common Raven, Crested Tit, Great Tit, Blue Tit, Wood Lark, Eurasian Crag Martin, Common Chiffchaff, Dartford Warbler, Firecrest, Nuthatch, Short-toed Treecreeper, Blackbird, Redwing, Mistle Thrush, Robin, Black Redstart, Stonechat, Black Wheatear, White Wagtail, Chaffinch, Goldfinch, Crossbill, Rock Bunting, Cirl Bunting.

The highlight of the day was the first winter Golden Eagle gliding in the sky above us.  This was followed by the Redwing and Wood Larks.

Thank you to everyone who attended for making it such an enjoyable day.

David
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 11:47:12 am by David » Logged

David
Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2012, 08:55:24 pm »

Thank you David and Micky. I really enjoyed the day.

Brenda

* Copy-2.jpg (90.15 kB, 900x675 - viewed 377 times.)

* Copy-3.jpg (84.92 kB, 900x600 - viewed 438 times.)

* Copy-6.jpg (86.57 kB, 900x675 - viewed 427 times.)

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field Meeting for November 2012 « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length