Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2018, 08:02:15 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Other Wildlife  |  Other Wildlife  |  Wildflowers  |  Topic: Digitalis obscura « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Digitalis obscura  (Read 3911 times)
Kevin Wade
ABS Member

« on: May 02, 2013, 09:59:47 pm »

Nice stand of about seven of these foxgloves, which I haven't seen before - the Spanish Rusty Foxglove.

* Digiitalis-obscura1.jpg (101.87 kB, 600x900 - viewed 460 times.)

* Digiitalis-obscura2.jpg (99.66 kB, 900x600 - viewed 440 times.)

Kevin
Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 10:21:52 am »

I've never seen them before either Kevin. Were they in woodland?

We are supposed to have them around here in Alcornacales Parque Natural, but I haven't been there for years.

Brenda

Kevin Wade
ABS Member

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 01:53:09 pm »

They were besides a track through pine woodland on my local patch.

Kevin
Mick
ABS Member

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 06:28:07 pm »

Hi Kevin and Brenda.

We are lucky enough to have this species as quite a common species in the Sierra Nevada and here and there in other sites locally. They are crackers and out shine the endemic Digitalis nevadensis.

Mick.

* SEO-Walk-Nevada-4.jpg (30.27 kB, 443x591 - viewed 419 times.)

Mick Richardson, Birds, Butterflies, Dragonflies, Orchids and Wildflowers in Granada Province and beyond!

www.granadawildlife.com    THE WORK SITE.
www.lojawildlife.com        THE BLOG.
mickbirdinginspain@gmail.com      THE EMAIL.
Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 09:04:12 pm »

I found my first ones today in the Genal Valley and the "Guia botanica de la Serrania de Ronda"  called it Digitalis obscura ssp. laciniata. I assume it's the same as both Kevin's and Mick's.

Brenda

* Digitalis-obscura.jpg (98.93 kB, 600x900 - viewed 444 times.)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 09:40:44 pm by Brenda » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Other Wildlife  |  Other Wildlife  |  Wildflowers  |  Topic: Digitalis obscura « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length