Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 16, 2018, 02:47:36 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Birding forum  |  Bird Identification Q&A  |  Topic: raptor ID « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: raptor ID  (Read 2896 times)
Ricky Owen
ABS Member

« on: February 06, 2015, 07:12:38 pm »

This bird (pic attached) was on a pylon by the farm at La Janda on 1-2-2015 tried to get closer but the jackdaws drove it away  , we also saw another raptor on the dirt track to Facinas which had white spots towards the tip of its wings (upper part ),too far away for photo. Thought it might have been the lesser spotted eagle that ive read about on forums.

thanks Ricky

* IMG_0395.jpg (262.03 kB, 2480x1654 - viewed 352 times.)
paulgaucin

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 07:19:06 pm »

Hi Ricky
My first thought was Spanish Imperial Eagle......white on 'shoulders' just visible, but not sure now as the head colour looks too brown. Tricky getting an ID from a distant photo! Anyone else got any ideas?
Paul
Ricky Owen
ABS Member

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 09:33:36 pm »

Thanks for having a look Paul , i was thinking along the same lines as you but thought the bird was too light in colour .

Ricky
Franky no Hair
Frank Hair of Buitre birding Holidays
ABS Member

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 03:38:28 pm »

Hi Rick
         Could be a young Bonelli's ?

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
Ricky Owen
ABS Member

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 06:17:49 pm »

Thanks Franky

Bonelli's eagle never entered my head as i thought the bird to be to big and wrong colour , but as you have said young Bonelli's are browner.Must get closer next time
paulgaucin

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 08:59:01 pm »

Must admit I didn't think about Bonelli's, either! You could be right, Franky. A bit difficult to judge the size exactly but looks a better fit for Bonelli's; and the colouration is good for an Imm.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Birding forum  |  Bird Identification Q&A  |  Topic: raptor ID « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length