Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 06:42:19 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Birding forum  |  Migration  |  Topic: 2015 Spring Migration « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 Spring Migration  (Read 16412 times)
paulgaucin

« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2015, 10:58:48 pm »

Impressive Honey Buzzard passage yesterday morning visible from Casares/Sierra Crestellina; 200+ moving through between 1000hrs and 1130hrs; several groups of 20+ over Gaucin during the afternoon. Quieter today in Gaucin, but still a few small groups seen.
paulgaucin

« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2015, 09:22:29 am »

Red-necked Nightjar reported from Gaucin yesterday evening; also 10 Black Kite and a single White Stork mid-afternoon.
paulgaucin

« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2015, 11:02:43 pm »

The calm air of yesterday morning produced a big movement of Honey Buzzard with 500-600 passing over Gaucin between 1030 and 1130hrs.
Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2015, 09:44:41 pm »

A rare, female Red~footed Falcon near Osuna today...a little too far away.

Brenda

* Red footed Falcon.JPG (248.56 kB, 768x814 - viewed 199 times.)

paulgaucin

« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2015, 09:13:42 am »

Interesting sighting Brenda. A friend of mine, on holiday here in Gaucin, thought he saw Red-footed Falcons earlier this week. The description was good for this species (he's quite an experienced birder) but what put me off was that he saw a group of 3 and a couple of days later a group of up to 15, all heading north! My immediate thought was Lesser Kestrel - he does have a very distant photo but it isn't conclusive either way. Presumably these numbers would be pretty much against them being red-footed? Anyone know of multiple arrivals of this species; I know there were a lot in Spain in 2008, but not this many together, surely?
Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2015, 11:27:42 am »

On ABS facebook Javi from Tarifa birding has seen quite a few in recent days and told us to look out for them, and there have been sightings of a few together. Who knows...perhaps they were mixed with Lesser Kestrels, the ones your friend saw, or there was a group of 15!

Brenda

paulgaucin

« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2015, 04:27:59 pm »

Thanks for that, Brenda. I'll pass the info on to my friend who will be thrilled (I, however, am now even more fed-up that I missed them!).
Alain Van Ghyseghem
ABS Member

« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2015, 10:40:40 am »

Yesterday, a group of 18 (!) birds was seen in the Girona area: http://spain.observado.org/waarneming/view/102325139?lang=en&local=xx.

Kind regards,
Alain
paulgaucin

« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2015, 02:09:54 pm »

Hi Alain, thanks for your contribution to the Red-footed Falcon sub-thread! I'm now convinced that the 15 birds seen over Gaucin by my friend were this species.
Paul
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Birding forum  |  Migration  |  Topic: 2015 Spring Migration « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length