Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 23, 2019, 12:04:08 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field meeting for June 2015 Malaga « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Field meeting for June 2015 Malaga  (Read 5227 times)
Franky no Hair
Frank Hair of Buitre birding Holidays
ABS Member

« on: April 14, 2015, 02:25:43 pm »

Event    FIELD MEETING JUNE MOUTH OF THE GUADALHORCE
Date    SATURDAY 20/6/2015
Meeting Point    GUADALMAR CHURCH (CALLE GUADALHORCE) HAVE A LOOK AT “GUADALMAR, MALAGA” IN GOOGLE MAPS
Time    FIRST CALL 6:00 – SECOND (AND GENERAL) CALL 9:30. THERE ARE CAFETERIAS AT CALLE ROGELIO OLIVA (GO CALLE MANUEL CURROS ENRÍQUEZ DOWN TO THE BEACH, LEFT AND RIGHT AGAIN AT THE STOP SIGN, TURN RIGHT INTO CALLE CASTELLÓN DE LA PLANA AND RIGHT AGAIN AT THE END OF THE STREET.
Leader for the day    LUIS ALBERTO RODRÍGUEZ
Directions to the meeting point    TAKE THE AIRPORT EXIT FROM MA-20 AND FOLLOW THE SIGNS TO GUADALMAR. TURN LEFT AT THE “GUADALMAR” ROUNDABOUT TO THE CHURCH AND PARK. PLEASE, FOR SAFETY PURPOSES, DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING AT SIGHT IN THE CAR AND AVOID OPENING AND MOVING THINGS AROUND IN THE BOOT AFTER PARKING.
Information about the meeting   
Accommodation in the area
Clothing and food    DAYS CAN BE VERY HOT AND SUNNY IN JUNE ON THE COAST. WEAR SUNSCREEN AND HAT AND BRING SOME WATER WITH YOU
Possible birds    WHITE-HEADED DUCK, CATTLE AND LITTLE EGRET, BLACK-WINGED STILT, KENTISH PLOVER, ZITTING CISTICOLA, CETTI’S WARBLER, LITTLE BITTERN, SQUACCO HERON, TURTLE DOVE, RED-NECKED NIGHTJAR, RED-RUMPED SWALLOW, WOODCHAT SHRIKE, AUDOUIN’S GULL
Other sites in the area for those staying over night    MONTES DE MÁLAGA
I am looking for a volunteer to do a report for this field meeting, also a member who could return during the week. with thoses who can not make it at the weekends.

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 06:02:40 pm »

Hello everyone,

I need someone who is going to this meeting to do a trip report please for the magazine. Please can you let me know if you are interested in doing this. Unfortunately I won't be there to ask anyone as I will be back in the UK having more eye treatments.

The report  is to be sent to our email address and not put on the forum please.

Thnak you,

Brenda

Franky no Hair
Frank Hair of Buitre birding Holidays
ABS Member

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 02:15:55 pm »

Some tips about parking around the mouth of the Guadalhorce:
Avoid parking just in front of the church or, specially, at Calle Guadalhorce (the one that gives way to the track towards the bridge to the nature reserve). Park your car in the main avenue (Calle Manuel Curros Enríquez) or the street right angle to the church (Calle Campanillas).
Get what you need in the trip ready before parking so that you do not need to open the boot.
Never leave anything of value at sight in the car.

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 10:54:55 am »

Janet and David Fisher will be there for the later part of the meeting at 9.30.

Roger Smith

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 06:33:44 pm »

Jean and Roger Smith will be joining you on Saturday at 9:30. Its been a while, look forward to seeing you all again.
Luis Alberto Birdaytrip
ABS Member

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 11:07:38 pm »

Dear Friends,

regarding the first call to this meeting at 6:00 AM, just to tell you that the plan is visiting Derek Etherton's patch at Zapata (10 min away from Guadalmar) where chances are that we can find Red-necked Nightjars (if we can make it very early there!!!), Night Herons, Short-toed Larks and Little Bitterns. We will then join the group at the cafeteria at around 9:00 to be back at Guadalmar church at 9:30 for the general call.

Do not forget to bring a pullover and insect repellent!!!

Please, confirm you are joining the first call so that we know who to wait for.

See you on Saturday!!!

Luis Alberto Rodríguez

Trevor H
ABS Member

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 11:12:29 am »

Hi Luis and all.

Just had to say, Ruth and I are both very envious that you are getting to have a look around Derek's patch, we would love to be there.  We'll be thinking of all you filthy lucky people when we get up on Saturday!

Regards

Trevor
Derek Etherton
ABS Member

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 11:49:50 am »

See you early as arranged LA.  May I also suggest members have a peaked cap/eye shield, makes life easier as the sun rises over the reeds.
Petrea
Cómpeta Naturaleza

Cómpeta - Axarquía - Málaga

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 04:19:39 pm »

Mogens and and I will be there at 9:30 (if we can find it  ;)  )

Petrea

Lindsay Pheasant

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 09:02:58 pm »

Hi Frank and Luis Alberto

Lindsay will be coming for the second call but Keith cannot make it.

See you tomorrow.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field meeting for June 2015 Malaga « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length