Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 26, 2017, 07:23:23 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: March 19, 2017, 10:06:33 pm 
Started by Franky no Hair - Last post by ChristineStockton
Hello Frank  - Paul and I would like to come  We will have our spaniel with us  - is that OK  Christine Stockton

on: March 19, 2017, 11:10:42 am 
Started by Franky no Hair - Last post by Franky no Hair

on: March 19, 2017, 11:10:24 am 
Event, Visit to Donana in April 2017
Date, April 22nd 2017
Meeting Point The SEO/Birdlife visitors center in El Rocio.
Time,  10.00
Leader for the day, Frank Hair
Directions to the meeting point,  The visitors center is at the eastern side of the town, via a walk way that transverses the edge of the laguna.  There is parking in the town.
Information about the meeting,
Coto Donana is one of the best birding sties in southern Spain and it is holding it's annual bird fair over the weekend for the 21st ,22nd and 23rd of April.  I am going to visit the other side of Donana on the 22nd, so if members want to visit the bird fair they can on the 23rd.  I will start at the visitors center in El Rocio, moving on to the next reserve at La Rocina, depending on how big the group is we may split up into smaller groups to explore this reserve.  Traveling further towards the sea we come to El Acebuche reserve.  Again we will spend time here splitting into smaller groups if needed.
Accommodation in the area, We have no Affiliated Members  in the area so have a look at the usual web sites for hotels in the area.
Clothing and food It may still be cool so bring coats and hats you can always take them off.  I will be bring a packed lunch and I will be having lunch in the reserves.
Possible birds  What can I say this is Donana during the spring migration so the birds are too numerous for me to list, we will see what we will see.

We will be looking for a member to wright a trip report for this meeting.

on: March 19, 2017, 10:40:12 am 
Event: ABS Field Meeting at Tarifa and La Janda

Date: Saturday, 8th April 2015

Meeting Point: The car park at the Lidl supermarket on the outskirts of Tarifa (36 degrees 01min 13.56sec N; 5 degrees 36min 00.06sec W

Time: 09:00

Leader for the day: Frank Hair

Directions to the meeting point: Coming from Algeciras on the N340 take the first turning for Tarifa.  Coming from Vejer de la Frontera on the N340 take the second turning for Tarifa, which is further up the hill, from the first.  You should see the Lidl supermarket car park on the right shortly after leaving the N340.

Information about the meeting: We will assemble in the large Lidl car park at 09:00; please be on time because I want to be away from the car park promptly. Here we will pool cars to minimise the number of cars used during the Field Meeting. We do this because at some of the observatories there is limited parking and also long convoys can be dangerous.
The cars that are not used will be left in the car park and collected at the end of the day. The observatories that we use will depend on the wind direction on the day. If the wind is blowing from the west we will be heading closer to Algeciras and if the wind is from the east we will stay close to Tarifa.
As we will be observing a Spring Migration we will be using observatories close to the sea because the birds will be low when they complete their crossing of the Strait from Morocco and will most likely rest close to the coast to recover from the crossing.
At around 13:00 we will head for the hide at Playa de los Lances to observe the birds on the pool and the beach in front of the hide while we have lunch. You will need to bring a packed lunch with you.
Around 14:30 we will head for La Janda where we will spend about three hours looking for passage migrants and other birds.
These times will depend on the number of birds we are seeing.
If a large number of people show an interest in this Field Meeting we will split into two groups. One group will do what is described above and the other group will do it in reverse.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU LET ME KNOW BY LEAVING ME A MESSAGE ON THIS FORUM IF YOU ARE ATTENDING THIS MEETING.  I need to know how many people are attending prior to meeting you all in the Lidl car park.

Accommodation in the area: Details about the accommodation offered by our Affiliated Members in this area can be found by using the following link http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/affiliated-services/accommodation-by-province/cadiz.html

Clothing and food: At this time of the year the weather can be variable so you will need to have layers of clothing that you can put on or take off.  There could also be showers. The average high temperature in the Tarifa area for April is 16C with an average low of 12C.

Possible birds: Black Kites, Honey Buzzard, White Stork, Short-toed Eagle, Booted Eagle, Egyptian Vulture, Griffon Vulture and possibly Black Stork.  These are the main souring birds but we should get some other migrants.

Other sites in the area for those staying over night:
Barbate Marshes, Bolonia, Gibraltar, Los Barrios, Ojén Valley, Río Guadiaro and Río Palmones & marshes. Information about all these bird sites can be found on the Society's web site http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/bird-sites/cadiz.html

on: March 16, 2017, 04:35:41 pm 
Started by Franky no Hair - Last post by Lindsay Pheasant
Keith and Lindsay will be there.

on: March 16, 2017, 04:01:52 pm 
Started by Franky no Hair - Last post by lindsayfergu
Hi All,
Liz and I will be there (at meeting point on Saturday).
All the Best,
Lindsay and Liz Ferguson

on: March 16, 2017, 02:42:05 pm 
Started by Franky no Hair - Last post by Wilkinson999
Hi Frank,
Peter & I will be coming up for the meeting saturday, & are staying at the Blanca Brisa hotel. Helen Burgers

on: March 16, 2017, 02:21:41 pm 
Started by Franky no Hair - Last post by Maureen Taylor
 8 Hi Frank and all

John and Maureen are coming to Cabo de Gata meet.

Looking forward to seeing those trumpeters!

on: March 14, 2017, 06:49:26 pm 
Event

FIELD MEETING MAY MOUTH OF THE GUADALHORCE

Date

SATURDAY 20/5/2017

Meeting Point

GUADALMAR CHURCH (CALLE GUADALHORCE) HAVE A LOOK AT “GUA-DALMAR, MALAGA” IN GOOGLE MAPS

Time

FIRST CALL 6:00 – SECOND (AND GENERAL) CALL 9:30. THERE ARE CAFETE-RIAS AT CALLE ROGELIO OLIVA (GO CALLE MANUEL CURROS ENRÍQUEZ DOWN TO THE BEACH, LEFT AND RIGHT AGAIN AT THE STOP SIGN, TURN RIGHT INTO CALLE CASTELLÓN DE LA PLANA AND RIGHT AGAIN AT THE END OF THE STREET.

Leader for the day

LUIS ALBERTO RODRIGUEZ

Directions to the meeting point

TAKE THE AIRPORT EXIT FROM MA-20 AND FOLLOW THE SIGNS TO GUA-DALMAR. TURN LEFT AT THE “GUADALMAR” ROUNDABOUT TO THE CHURCH AND PARK. PLEASE, FOR SAFETY PURPOSES, DO NOT LEAVE ANY-THING AT SIGHT IN THE CAR AND AVOID OPENING AND MOVING THINGS AROUND IN THE BOOT AFTER PARKING.

Information about the meeting

THE WALK IN THE RESERVE WILL TAKE AROUND 3-4 HOURS OVER A DIS-TANCE OF 5 KMS. THERE ARE NOT PICNICING AREAS OR TOILETS IN THE RE-SERVE.

Accommodation in the area

Clothing and food

DAYS CAN BE VERY HOT AND SUNNY IN MAY ON THE COAST. WEAR SUN-SCREEN AND HAT AND BRING SOME WATER WITH YOU.

Possible birds

WHITE-HEADED DUCK, LITTLE EGRET, BLACK-WINGED STILT, KENTISH PLOV-ER, ZITTING CISTICOLA, CETTI’S WARBLER, LITTLE BITTERN, TURTLE DOVE, RED-RUMPED SWALLOW, WOODCHAT SHRIKE, AUDOUIN’S GULL (PLUS RED-

NECKED NIGHTJAR, NIGHT HERON AND CATTLE EGRET FOR FIRST CALL PAR-TICIPANTS)

Other sites in the area for those staying over night

MONTES DE MÁLAGA, EL TORCAL

We will be looking for a member to wright a trip report for this meeting.

We are also looking for a member who could lead an other visit to this site during the following week.

on: March 14, 2017, 11:13:19 am 
Started by Pathogarth - Last post by Brenda
I am so sorry but no one seems to have answered you here. My husband thinks that it looks like an escapee, perhaps an Harris Hawk, and it looks like there may be a "jesse" hanging from it's leg.

Brenda

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Login with username, password and session length