Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2019, 08:15:54 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field meeting for November 2015 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Field meeting for November 2015  (Read 7950 times)
Franky no Hair
Frank Hair of Buitre birding Holidays
ABS Member

« on: September 11, 2015, 02:12:29 pm »

Event: Field meeting for November  To Lianos de Libar behind Montejaque.

Date:   21th November

Meeting Point: Venta La Vega

Time: 09.30

Leader of the day: Frank Hair/Peter Jones

Directions to the Meeting Point: Venta La Vegas on the junction of the MA-505 to Montejaque and the A372 Ronda to Sevilla road.
Information about the Meeting: We hope to pool cars in the car park of the venta as the track at Llanos de Libar can be difficult.

Accommodation: Venta La Vega is a hostal and has reasonable rooms. (Hostal rural Venta La Vega)  Other than that, Ronda would be the best place as most of the rural hotels will be closed at that time.  Also have a look at the ABS web site for accommodation in the Cadiz, Malaga area.
Clothing and Food: You will need very warm clothing(you can always take it off but you can not put it on if you do not have it).  I would like to have a packed lunch at the refugio at the end of the track but there are good restaurants in Montejaque for any one who wants to return to the village for lunch.
Possible birds: Griffon Vultures, Black Vultures, Eagles Bonelli’s and Golden (poss), Ring Ouzel, Alpine Accentor, Black Wheatear, Firecrest and other mountain birds.
Other sites in the area for those staying over night: El Penon de Zaframagon near Olvera.  Between Olvera and Arcos de la a frontera via Villamartin along the A384 there are several lagunas which at this time of the year can be very rewarding and different to the birds we will see in the valley.
                                                                       Have Fun Frank

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
Janet and David
ABS Member

Janet and David Fisher, married for years!

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 01:04:10 pm »

Hi Peter and Frankie,
David and I will definitely come to this meeting.  We will stay at our usual hostal in Ronda and drive down on Sat morning.  Getting a packed lunch is difficult for us, would prefer to go to a restaurant/bar, but will go with the flow.  Please let us know and we could probably get a couple of rolls at the Venta. Looking forward to seeing you all again.
ChristineStockton
ABS Member

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 05:53:05 pm »

Paul and I are in Gaucin in November - so will come to this meeting  Christine
Peter Ashley
ABS Member

Keen birder and photographer

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 12:13:11 am »

hi Frank
I will be there
all the best
Peter Ashley

Peter Ashley
Ricky Owen
ABS Member

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 11:12:15 pm »

Hi Franky
My wife and i will be there

Ricky
Maureen Taylor
ABS Member

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 02:17:32 pm »

Hi Frankie

John and I plan to come to this meeting and look forward to seeing you.

Regards Maureen 8)
jerry
ABS Member

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 07:09:59 pm »

Jerry and I should be there also -
Maureen Taylor
ABS Member

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 07:45:33 pm »

Franky ( sorry last was to your sister!)

The  location of Venta La Vega I think is junction A374 and MA 8403 according to my map.

Your location gives different direction. Can you please confirm?

Regards Maureen 8)
Franky no Hair
Frank Hair of Buitre birding Holidays
ABS Member

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2015, 09:51:53 am »

Hi Maureen
                 It is a bit confusing the mail road from Ronda to Algodonales has 3 numbers depending on which map you look at and the miner road has 2.  Here is a link to google maps showing where the venta is.
https://www.google.es/maps/search/ma+505/@36.7804445,-5.2505131,17z?hl=en
  Just copy and past in to address line and this will give the location of the meeting point.
                                                    Have fun Frank

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
Derek Etherton
ABS Member

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2015, 07:23:00 pm »

See you there Frank....D & B
Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 10:26:16 am »

Martin and Mari Kendall will be attending this meeting.

GeoffBrowne
ABS Member

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2015, 05:34:51 pm »

Geoff & Sharon will be there but, due to evening committment, need to depart about 3pm
Terry Osborn

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2015, 10:31:44 am »

Hi Frank. We will be there .Terry and Lin
Manel and Rosario

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2015, 09:17:35 pm »

Hi Frank and Peter

Rosario and Me want attend the meeting, but we have something to do in Osuna early morning, then we will arrive later, for that reason we want to know if with our car, Mitshubishi ASX, 2WD, there is any problem to run on the track.

Thanks and best regards

Manel
Torrox15

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2015, 10:25:23 am »

Hi Frank & Peter

Am a new member and was hoping to join you for this , but am asking the same question as posted yesterday -  wondering if road condition up to Llanos de Libar is currently suitable for my 2WD SEAT Ibiza ?

My  spaniel travels in my car with me,(very quiet and well-behaved, having worked on RSPB Nature Reserves with me for past 9 years) and I realize not everyone would want to give us a ride in their 4wd / higher-ground-clearance vehicles from the initial meeting point.

Paul Coulthard
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field meeting for November 2015 « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length