Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2019, 08:17:57 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Seawatching Tarifa - October 31st 2015 « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Seawatching Tarifa - October 31st 2015  (Read 5620 times)
Peter
'Please support ABS'
Administrator

www.spanishnature.com

« on: October 14, 2015, 10:05:10 am »

I have received a message from Javi Elorriaga and Yeray Seminario regarding a possible visit Isla de las Palomas in Tarifa, for Seawatching. I post their message here for our members and perhaps you might reply here to confirm any interest you may have to attend this activity. Thanks to Javi and Yeray, look forward to member's responses. Peter Jones

Date: 31st October 2015
Activity - Seawatching

QUOTE:

We are Javi Elorriaga and Yeray Seminario from Birding The Strait. We are friends with some members from the Andalucia Bird Society, and often get inquiries about the possibility to visit Isla de las Palomas in Tarifa, for Seawatching.

As you know, this is a restricted area within El Estrecho Natural Park, which requires special authorizations.

We thought that it could be a good idea to organize a visit to the Island as an excellent opportunity to show the area to ABS members and introduce ourselves. We are interested in getting known around members and strengthen our relation. Indeed, we would love you to include this activity in your year calendar. The visit would include a three-hour seawatching experience in the island.

We would like to invite you to offer this activity on the 31st of October (Saturday). This could be also an excellent opportunity for members to attend the "Farewell to Migratory Birds" that it will be held in Huerta Grande, for the third consecutive year, and organized by 14KM, Tarifa's local association.

Please, let us know what you think at your earliest convenience.

UNQUOTE.

Peter
For great birding and wildlife tours.
www.worldwidebirdingtours.com

Articles are published on my blog: http://spanishnature.blogspot.com/
For day tours in 'my' area see: http://spanishnature.com/serrania-de-ronda.html
Franky no Hair
Frank Hair of Buitre birding Holidays
ABS Member

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 02:11:09 pm »

I will defiantly be coming to this one long time since I have done any sea watching.
                                                        Have Fun Frank

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
Ricky Owen
ABS Member

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 09:09:11 pm »

Hi
I am also interested in this outing

Ricky
Franky no Hair
ABS Member

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 10:43:40 am »

I have just received some more information for this meeting.
Start time is 8.30 in the morning.
Meeting point, at the beginning of the causeway that leads to the island.
To enter the island we need permits which Yeray can get for us, but we need to supply him with our ID numbers.  Either your passport number, DNI or NIE and he needs them by the 25th.  I will consolidate this information and send it to him on the evening of the 25th.
He is going to send me more information on what we will be doing for the rest of the day and as soon as I get it I will post it here.
                                                               Have Fun Frank
If anyone dose not want to make there ID number public you can send me an e-mail marked, ID number to frankynohair@hotmail.co.uk

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
Kevin Wade
ABS Member

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 01:28:05 pm »

Hi Franky
Will be very interested in this meet and to visit the most southern point in Europe!
Kevin

Kevin
Derek Etherton
ABS Member

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 01:05:50 pm »

Yes Frank.......Barbara and myself would like this and I understand Mick Smith wants to come along as well.  Will email NIE's to you.   Derek
Petrea
Cómpeta Naturaleza

Cómpeta - Axarquía - Málaga

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 08:10:12 pm »

Mogens and I are very interested too! As far as I can see on Google maps, the island is quite small, so do we leave our cars on the continent?

Regards
Petrea

Bob Wright
Bob Wright
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 06:28:22 pm »

Bob Wright attending.  Travelling with the Etherton Charabanc and NIE sent by private email to your home email.  Bob

Linda
ABS Member

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 07:59:37 pm »

Hi Frank. I would like to attend this meeting. will send my NIE number to you. Linda
Franky no Hair
ABS Member

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 09:36:49 am »

Hi pentrea
                At the start of the causway to the island there are some parking spots on Calle Alcalde Juan and Glorieto de Leon.
Note to all I will be sending the NIE/Pasport numbers off on Sunday night so I will need them before then thanks.
                                                                       Have Fun Frank

Diane Cockayne
ABS Member

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2015, 04:57:38 pm »

David and I would like to attend - will send Passport nos off now to Franks private email address
Ron Hatch
ABS Member

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2015, 10:41:51 am »

Hi Franky

Can you please add me and Lesley for this trip.will email you our details

Cheers Ron
Diane Cockayne
ABS Member

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 07:55:58 pm »

Is the trip on go?

Permits etc Ok'ed? Hope so  :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Seawatching Tarifa - October 31st 2015 « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length