Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2019, 12:24:11 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Birding forum  |  General Information Wanted  |  Topic: Locations Near To Rio Almanchare « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Locations Near To Rio Almanchare  (Read 11698 times)
Petrea
Cómpeta Naturaleza

Cómpeta - Axarquía - Málaga

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2016, 07:17:28 am »

By the way: should have mentioned that the info center is only open Fri-Sun. 10-14 + Fri-Sat.  15-17.

Skirge
A Bit Of A Blind Birder

Love Photography Addicted To Wildlife Photography

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2016, 03:14:50 pm »

By the way: should have mentioned that the info center is only open Fri-Sun. 10-14 + Fri-Sat.  15-17.

Thanks.. I guess its a good sign they have an info centre it does suggest the place should still be in use

Your Are Welcome To Checkout My Flickr Photostream
https://www.flickr.com/photos/skirgeysphotos/
Petrea
Cómpeta Naturaleza

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2016, 05:46:47 pm »

The info center is for the nature park, not the vulture feeding place!

Skirge
A Bit Of A Blind Birder

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2016, 05:55:00 pm »

The info center is for the nature park, not the vulture feeding place!

Ah I see thanks, just been watching some videos on the vulture feeding and the story of Manu & Leonardo, its such a shame the laws were changed it worked for many years vultures cleaning up the dead dead farm animals. I guess BSE had a lot to do with the change in the law but they show no interest in helping to save the birds they are removing the food source from.

mike in Jerez
ABS Member

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2016, 11:21:23 am »

hola e estado barias veces por las buitreas i e vitos unos 12 bolado y la cabaña pa verlos con prismatico nuca e vito que los alimentaran es buena ruta esa sepuede subir ala maroma por hai

I see nobody has volunteered to translate this so here goes:

"Hi, I`ve been there several times to see the vultures and I`ve seen about 12 flying and the hide to see them, with binoculars. I have never seen them being fed.. It`s a good route and you can climb there with ropes."

Skirge
A Bit Of A Blind Birder

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2016, 11:59:47 am »

hola e estado barias veces por las buitreas i e vitos unos 12 bolado y la cabaña pa verlos con prismatico nuca e vito que los alimentaran es buena ruta esa sepuede subir ala maroma por hai

I see nobody has volunteered to translate this so here goes:

"Hi, I`ve been there several times to see the vultures and I`ve seen about 12 flying and the hide to see them, with binoculars. I have never seen them being fed.. It`s a good route and you can climb there with ropes."

Thankyou :D

Good news they are being seen there sad it may no longer being used as a feeding station, don't think I will be doing any climbing lol

Petrea
Cómpeta Naturaleza

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2016, 02:42:34 pm »

By the way, I think "Maroma" refers to the mountain on the slope of which you find the feeding station.

The coloured lines on my map indicate nice, short walking routes  (1½ or 2 h depending wher you start) - not to the summit, however!!!

Have you actually found info that it is not used any more?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 02:47:22 pm by Petrea » Logged

Skirge
A Bit Of A Blind Birder

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2016, 10:50:30 pm »

By the way, I think "Maroma" refers to the mountain on the slope of which you find the feeding station.

The coloured lines on my map indicate nice, short walking routes  (1½ or 2 h depending wher you start) - not to the summit, however!!!

Have you actually found info that it is not used any more?

No can't find any concrete info on if they still feed there or not, a youtube video from up there and I asked if he knows if they still feed there and  mike in Jerez translated his reply for me.. posted above.

Skirge
A Bit Of A Blind Birder

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2016, 07:45:05 pm »

Not long now and I can't wait have to say Ia m a little scared of the heat :D  has they been any good bird of prey recent sightings in the area ? or is there a site I can visit where sightings are listed ?

Regards Kris

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Birding forum  |  General Information Wanted  |  Topic: Locations Near To Rio Almanchare « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length