Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2019, 10:24:27 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Birding forum  |  General Information Wanted  |  Topic: Montejaque (Nr Ronda) « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Montejaque (Nr Ronda)  (Read 3420 times)
john
ABS Member

« on: March 28, 2009, 01:35:54 pm »

Can anyone tell me if the road running SW between Cortes de la Frontera and Montejaque  is still closed?  In February, after getting to Jimera de Libar station (i.e. within 9km of  Montejaque), I had to endure an irritating c35 km detour via Ronda to get there.  If it's still closed the route from Alcala via Ubrique would suit me better - unless, of course, anyone knows of a good alternative.  I'll be out in Spain for a couple of weeks from next Thursday and can't miss out on visiting the area,

John
clive
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 05:46:39 pm »

Hi John, it was still closed last week but there is a way down through the narrow streets... The locals are helpful to get you down there and out the other side... If you aren't keen on navigating the tiny lanes then I'd suggest taking the other route.

Clive
TonyB

Enthusiastic amateur birdwatcher. Mountain walker

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 02:12:53 pm »

Hi John

Yes, the road is still closed just above Benaoján but, as Clive says, there's a way through the village that has been facilitated by the town hall by changing the one-way system.  It's probably not practical if you have one of those ginormous 4 x 4s but I get through ok with a Nissan Primera.  This looks a bit tricky but it's less complicated on the ground than it is on the screen.

Coming from Cortes/Jimera, just as you arrive above the village, one of the first things you see is a little parking area alongside the road where there are invariably cars parked.  Just next to it you will see a narrow street angling downhill to the right.  There's a no-entry sign that has been covered with a black plastic bag. Take that street and follow your nose till you get to a T-junction - you cannot go wrong.  Be prepared to do some tricky reversing in case you meet something coming the other way.

At the T-junction, turn left past the El Tajillo bar and take the next right.  From then on it's just a question of winding your way downhill taking any left turn that is available to you.

Eventually you emerge at the roundabout with the fountain, facing the Unicaja bank.  Just continue along the road with palm trees down the middle and you'll arrive where the Cortes road would have emerged.
john
ABS Member

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 07:29:37 pm »

Thanks for that, but I think I'll go via Ubrique as, according to Google Maps it's only a little longer than by my usual route.  Once I've negotiated the unfamiliar route you describe, there's probably nothing in it,

John
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Birding forum  |  General Information Wanted  |  Topic: Montejaque (Nr Ronda) « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length