Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 15, 2019, 08:41:03 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field meeting for June 2019 Granada « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Field meeting for June 2019 Granada  (Read 902 times)
Franky no Hair
Frank Hair of Buitre birding Holidays
ABS Member

« on: May 13, 2019, 09:13:12 am »

Event,  field meeting for June 2019 Granada
Date,  22/06/19
Meeting Point, 
Abades Service area off the A92 at Loja. 
Time, 
9.30 lleve by 9.45
Leaders for the day,  Frank Hair
Information about the meeting
The morning will be spent on Sierra de Loja looking for Alpine Accentor, Blue Rock Thrush, Black Wheatear and Other upland species. The afternoon will be on Huétor Fields looking for Little Bustard, Stone Curlew and other lowland species.
Accommodation in the area
Hotel Cortijo de Tajar (www.cortijodetajar.es)
Clothing and food,
It is June so it will be hot so hats and sun screen will be needed along with plenty of water.  I will be bringing a packed lunch but there are ventas in the area for those who want to have a venta lunch.
Possible birds, 
 Little Bustards, Stone Curlews, Azure-winged Magpies,Blue rock Thrush, Black Wheatear, Alpine Accentors and other upland species.

We will be looking for a member to write a trip report for this meeting.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 05:45:19 pm by Franky no Hair » Logged

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
Trevor H
ABS Member

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 01:19:27 pm »

Hi Franky

Thanks for that, flights and hotel sorted.

Sorry for being a pain, look forward to seeing you there

Regards

Trevor
Bob Wright
Bob Wright
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 09:03:36 am »

Frank

I will not be with you as the meeting is on the fourth rather than third Saturday of the month.  I set off to drive back to the UK on Thursday 20 June.  See previous messages re same sent to you by email.

Hope all goes well

Bob

Helen Burgess
ABS Member

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 05:12:58 pm »

Hello Franky,

Peter, Marja & I will be attending this meeting.

Kind regards,

Helen Burgers
kateandwolf

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 11:10:51 am »

Hello! This is Kate here. My partner Wolf and I have just joined ABS & hope to meet with you this Saturday. I understand that we need to be at the Abades services at 0930. How will we recognise you, where do you meet?
Also, we have a small, well-behaved dog - can he come with us? We may just join you for the morning, because a whole day is probably too much for our little dog!

Thanks,
Kate
Roger Smith

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 04:54:46 pm »

Hi Franky.

Jean and I will be joining you at Loja on Saturday for the field meeting.

Regards.  Roger.
kateandwolf

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 03:46:11 pm »

Hello again. I think Wolf and I will come to Abades on the A92 tomorrow at about 0900 hrs to meet ABS, but I think it is much too hot for us to come on the field trip.
We are away from home in the Alpujarras, for a week or so, and are camping near Humilladero.

We will sit outside the cafeteria at 9 o'clock ish. We have a small dog with us. We hope to meet some of you before you leave at 0945.

Regards,
Kate

My mobile number is 633 936 793.
Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 08:29:23 pm »

Hello Kate and Wolf,

Frank will not be leading this meeting as he has had to fly back to the U.K. urgently. It will be lead by our Chairman, John Brooks. You will see lots of people congregating by their cars with binoculars etc. Just go over and introduce yourself.

Best wishes Brenda.

kateandwolf

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2019, 11:30:50 pm »

Hi Brenda!

We will be there! G
Hope to meet you sometime, if not tomorrow, soon.

Kind regards,
Kate & Wolf
Trevor H
ABS Member

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2019, 11:41:07 am »

We are back in the Uk now but would like to thank John Brookes for stepping in to lead at short notice and doing it very well. 
Hope all is ok with Franky. 
Also to thank everybody else who attended for making it a great meeting for us.
I think we had 4 lifers for us and great views of so much else, all because of the kindness of the other members

Regards

Ruth and Trevor

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field meeting for June 2019 Granada « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length