Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2019, 11:32:58 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Birding forum  |  General Information Wanted  |  Topic: Zurgena / La Alfoquia June 16th - 24th « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Zurgena / La Alfoquia June 16th - 24th  (Read 2901 times)
Peter
'Please support ABS'
Administrator

www.spanishnature.com

« on: May 25, 2009, 10:11:58 pm »

I received the following request and any help would be most gratefully received.

Zurgena / La Alfoquia June 16th - 24th

"I am due to stay in the above area next month.
I am in a fortunate position that my soon-to-retire parents (I am in my 30s) have recently purchased a villa in this area.
Although I am a very experienced birder I have never before been to Spain and I am absolutely delighted that my parents have purchased the villa.
I am aware that there are various books available but, having just been made redundant, due to the global downturn, I was hoping I might instead be able to pick the brains of birders who know the area.
Of course, I hope to be able to go out to the villa at least once a year and hope that I can eventually 'suss out' everything in the local area and beyond.
This first visit will be a short one, with my wife and baby accompanying me, so I will not be able to bird 100% of the time. I will have access to a vehicle but, on this first visit at least, I do not want to drive to anywhere further than 100 miles.
I really know very little about Spanish birding sites, although I have spent time looking at various trip reports on the internet.
Are you able to put me in touch with anyone in the area please? I'd be delighted to meet up with any birders during my stay. Unfortunately, I do not speak Spanish.
All my birding has been in the UK since 1990 so I am really looking forward to going abroad.
Any advice you can offer would be a tremendous help please, thank you very much indeed.

Regards
Andrew Tongue"

I hope some one can help with Andrew's request and if you can post here I will pass the message along.

Peter

Peter
For great birding and wildlife tours.
www.worldwidebirdingtours.com

Articles are published on my blog: http://spanishnature.blogspot.com/
For day tours in 'my' area see: http://spanishnature.com/serrania-de-ronda.html
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Birding forum  |  General Information Wanted  |  Topic: Zurgena / La Alfoquia June 16th - 24th « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length