Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2019, 08:57:56 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Birding forum  |  General Information Wanted  |  Topic: Advice required please « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Advice required please  (Read 3746 times)
Andrew Tongue

« on: July 04, 2010, 07:47:14 pm »

I posted on this forum last year before and after a week spent near to Vera in Almeria, Andalucia. Thanks again to all who replied for your help last year.
I am returning to the Vera area for the last week of July this year. Ostensibly it is a family holiday and a chance to spend some quality time with my wife and daughter as I have been working away from home.
However, I have been allotted one day to get out in search of birds.
Can anyone give me contact details for the equivalent of a county recorder for the area please? I do not speak Spanish unfortunately. I had heard that a British guy was acting in some sort of recorder role for the Almeria (or thereabouts) area?
I would really appreciate any advice anyone can give as to how I can make the most of my one day to find birds. Is it too far to go to Donana? And, given the time of year (heat, birds busy feeding families) what does this mean for the birds I'm likely to see?
I would be very keen to see some of the high-profile species, eg, Ruppell's Griffon Vulture, White-rumped and Little Swift, as well as slightly more widespread species like Rufous Bush Chat, Thekla Lark and raptors such as Booted Eagle and Lesser Kestrel.
I do not own any guidebooks to birding in Spain and money is tight so any advice anyone can give - or anyone people can put me in touch with - would be a tremendous help. Apologies for the short notice.
Many thanks. Any help you can give will be much appreciated.
Andrew Tongue

indalo

Oz Nature Wildlife - Almería

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 11:43:55 pm »

Hello Andrew.

Welcome to Almería.

I just sent to you a private mail.

Please let me know about it.

Regards

Jesús Contreras
Almería

Almería: a natural open museum under the sun.
Andrew Tongue

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 08:40:36 pm »

Hello Jesus,
I don't appear to have received a private email from you. Please re-send, many thanks.
Andrew
indalo

Oz Nature Wildlife - Almería

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 08:39:12 pm »

Hello.

It was resent as a personal message some days ago. Check please your mailbox here.

Jesús

Almería: a natural open museum under the sun.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Birding forum  |  General Information Wanted  |  Topic: Advice required please « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length