Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 15, 2019, 08:41:28 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field Meeting - 25th February 2012 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Field Meeting - 25th February 2012  (Read 22794 times)
Barrie

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 10:49:36 am »

Thanks Jesus. We can move from Velez Rubio to that area on Sunday ready for your trip on Monday.

Using Google Earth Street View I see that only 80m to the north of that roundabout there is an Asador on the right of the road (see attached .kmz file). They have a big car park so if we eat in there Sunday night and Monday night, we will see if they will allow us to park there for 36 hours. We can then walk down to the roundabout on Monday morning.

We look forward to seeing you again in Velez Blanco on Saturday morning at 9am.

Barrie

* ABS Extra excursion.kmz (0.74 kB - downloaded 260 times.)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 11:10:05 am by Barrie » Logged
indalo

Oz Nature Wildlife - Almería

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 11:56:22 am »

It is incredible what you are able to do around the Google Earth, Barry.

This Asador is named ASADOR EL POTRO, and his owner is named JUAN ANTONIO. Let him know about me (he knows me as JESUS CONTRERAS)... because he is a friend. Hope this can help. Ph nr 950 300 102

Let me know.

Jesus

Almería: a natural open museum under the sun.
Barrie

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 03:50:14 pm »

Thanks Jesus.

I called Juan. The restaurant is closed all day Mondays. It opens all other days for lunch, but is only open in the evenings on Fridays and Saturdays.

Their main car park by the front door of the restaurant will be locked but Juan said I could park in the car park nearest the main road as that will be open all the time. (Well I *think* that is what he said - my Spanish is not very good!)

It is a two hour drive from Velez Rubio so we will drive there on Sunday morning and have lunch there.

On Monday morning, could it be dangerous trying to stop on the roundabout? Would it be safer to meet you at the restaurant car park?

Thanks for your help

Barrie

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 04:05:01 pm by Barrie » Logged
indalo

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 10:21:46 pm »

Do not worry, Barrie. I live at only one kilometer of this place. If you do not like it, I can tell you about other near places. We´ll establish the best meeting point on saturday. Do not worry about that.

Very welcome :)

Jesus

indalo

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012, 11:52:21 am »

Hi there. Yesterday I went up to Los Velez area, for preparing our next field trip. 2º-5ºC in the morning. Pretty cold and highly enjoyable.

The local roads actually are fine for being run by any car. Anyway we will share cars on the place. Mine will run finally with 7 sits if required.

Meeting point at HOTEL VELAD AL AHBYAD in Velez Blanco, at 09.00h in the morning. I will stay there the night before to attend people coming from other places.

Welcome to Almeria.

I attach some pictures taken yesterday by me on the place. 

Jesus :)

PS: Everything is prepared for a nice griffons watching. Also will be fine the visit to the recovery center, Rio Claro and the steppe. Big flocks of passerines flying there now.

* 1.jpg (51.73 kB, 413x600 - viewed 472 times.)

* 2.jpg (54.37 kB, 500x357 - viewed 481 times.)

* 3.jpg (30.6 kB, 500x185 - viewed 456 times.)

* 5.jpg (50.86 kB, 500x238 - viewed 469 times.)

indalo

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2012, 11:54:25 am »

VERY IMPORTANT:
DO NOT FORGET WARM CLOTHS.   8)

Petrea
Cómpeta Naturaleza

Cómpeta - Axarquía - Málaga

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2012, 09:49:10 pm »

Yuk! We just decided to come, and then your last message arrived!!!!!  :-\  :-\

Well. OK, we'll be there anyway for Saturday and Sunday! In our non-4x4 Seat Ibiza!

Saludos
Petrea & Mogens

Peter
'Please support ABS'
Administrator

www.spanishnature.com

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2012, 11:13:56 pm »

For anyone on the edge or undecided on this tour, take it from me I know what is in store for you and it really is looking to be a fantastic opportunity, don't miss it..

Brenda and I looking forward to seeing as many of you as can make this great day out.

Peter

Peter
For great birding and wildlife tours.
www.worldwidebirdingtours.com

Articles are published on my blog: http://spanishnature.blogspot.com/
For day tours in 'my' area see: http://spanishnature.com/serrania-de-ronda.html
indalo

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2012, 12:15:18 am »

Dear friends Petrea and Mogens. It is a pleasure taking you along my lands for a third time. VERY WELCOME the three of you..  (including of course your deared Ibiza-non-4by4-rabbit).  :)

VERY WELCOME TO BOTH TRIPS. I WILL ANSWER YOU IN PRIVATE MAIL ABOUT THE SECOND ONE.

Jesus Contreras

You local Wildlife Guide & Friend in Almeria

Yuk! We just decided to come, and then your last message arrived!!!!!  :-\ :-\

Well. OK, we'll be there anyway for Saturday and Sunday! In our non-4x4 Seat Ibiza!

Saludos
Petrea & Mogens
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 12:18:25 am by indalo » Logged

indalo

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2012, 12:22:33 am »

Oh, Peter. I was missing your voice   ;)
Very welcome back to Iberia and very welcome to Almeria on next week. So many things to talk about...

Thanks always for your support to this spanglisher I am....  :-\     

INDEED THIS TRIP WILL BE A REFERENCE FOR THE ABS community. By the moment I can´t say more, sorry ...  :-X   ;)

Always very welcome to Almeria lands. For further questions or doubts about this field trip, please let me know at indalodeoz@indalodeoz.com or to my private ph +34 626260641.

For anyone on the edge or undecided on this tour, take it from me I know what is in store for you and it really is looking to be a fantastic opportunity, don't miss it..

Brenda and I looking forward to seeing as many of you as can make this great day out.

Peter
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 12:24:56 am by indalo » Logged

jerry
ABS Member

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2012, 06:30:57 pm »

thought it was full as no more room in 4x4's?
Barbara
indalo

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2012, 10:23:50 pm »

Sorry Barbara. I am not able to understand your question. Are you comming? Do you have a car for going to the place?.
Once there, we´ll arrange as possible. I say again that roads are fine (hopping we have no snow or hard rains), and we can move with normal vehicles, although we´ll arrange first in 4x4s (as possible and in agreement with their owners). Mine is a 7 pax one, but usually I don´t use the 2 back sites because they are not enough comfortable... but for a short time I can prepare them for being used, as I will do now.
Very welcome to Almeria. I don´t know if I was capable of answering your comment.
Jesus

indalo

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2012, 02:21:35 pm »

For those coming, and for those that not... here you have my personal public gallery about Almeria places and moments along last years. All pictures have been made in Almeria and by me since 2004.

;)

roderick
ABS Member

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2012, 05:41:59 pm »

Linda and I will be coming on saturday.As we do not have a 4x4,will it be possible to share with someone.Thank you,Roderick
indalo

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2012, 08:15:23 pm »

Hi Roderick and Linda. We´ll see about cars once there, but I repeat that if it does not rain hard, and weather forecast talks of sunny days, each car will be good. We are not running long distances, and  roads have a good firm. Stopping at any moment here and there looking for birds and enjoying the day. Don´t worry about this.

Very welcome.  :)

Jesus

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field Meeting - 25th February 2012 « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length