Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 15, 2019, 08:41:37 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field Meeting - 25th February 2012 « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Field Meeting - 25th February 2012  (Read 22795 times)
indalo

Oz Nature Wildlife - Almería

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2012, 09:35:32 am »

Well, I close my conversation with this last mail. I travel up to Los Velez at 18:00h.

To those there in Velez Blanco this afternoon, let know that I´ll be accomodated in Hotel Velad al abyahd.

For any problem  or question once in Almeria, you can contact me at my Ph +34 626260641

Very welcome.

Jesus Contreras

Almería: a natural open museum under the sun.
Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2012, 06:30:37 pm »

Jesus!

Thank you for such a wonderful day on Saturday, and also yesterday with Petrea and Mogens. You made the weekend very special, and what a beautiful place you live in...can't wait to go back one day.

You had prepared the ABS day so perfectly, except of course the terrible plane crash that we saw. it was a dreadful thing to have witnessed, and I don't think any of us could believe our eyes.

Peter and I had the most wonderful time, and thank you for everything.

Brenda and Peter

Petrea
Cómpeta Naturaleza

Cómpeta - Axarquía - Málaga

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2012, 09:37:34 pm »

- and from us as well!   :)   :)   :)

I don't want to try to compete with all the prof. bird photographers, so I enclose  some photos, which shows the nice weather and surroundings, all arranged by our good friend in Almeria.....

Saludos
Petrea & Mogens

* P2254098.JPG (78.87 kB, 320x240 - viewed 534 times.)

* P2254100-001.JPG (73.91 kB, 480x360 - viewed 515 times.)

indalo

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2012, 10:10:12 pm »

Dear friends, thanks for your much appreciated comments. Only tried to put all possible efforts in that the ABS members felt good here in Almeria. I am happy that everything was fine; my personal goal for this trip was to show that BIRD LIFE is not only watching but also compromise and conservation, following the guidelines of our society.

I enjoyed a lot with all of you, the old friends so as the new ones. Thanks to all of you for being members of this nice project named ANDALUCIA BIRD SOCIETY. Also thanks to those that trusted me for a couple of private day-trips.

About the aeroplane accident, Brenda... I am now being attended by my team of the Spanish Red Cross, for a private psicological assistance programe, as is watched in our protocol. We must forget asap, so we can always be able to help others with problems. Although in this case, it will be so hard to forget.

SPECIAL THANKS TO THOSE BRAVE ONES IN MY CAR, THAT RESISTED WITH ME TILL THE END.

Always welcome to Almeria and thanks for caring nature and birds, all of you members and friends of the ABS. A special mention to Peter Jones as promoter of this unique idea in Andalucia.

Your friend

Jesus

Barrie

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2012, 10:30:38 pm »

Hi Jesus,

as well as thanking you for Saturday, we would both like to say a very special thank you for yesterday (Monday). Jan and I had a wonderful day and saw several "firsts". You are a wonderful guide and we recorded 58 species for the day. We are just sorry no-one else joined in as you put in so much work and for only two people it was not a very profitable day.

We look forward to hearing the history of the Redshank with flags on its legs, and also to receiving the location of the lake by the plastics recovery centre so we can go there again (of course the Glossy Ibis won't still be around but there were so many other species there it was amazing!)

Thanks again for a wonderful day and hope your cold is better today (mine is!)

Barrie and Jan

P.S. As well as the spoonbills yesterday, today we saw about 10 of them on the saltings by Cabo de Gata.
Scot Penny
ABS Member

« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2012, 05:42:49 am »

I really enjoyed my first visit out with the Andulucian Bird Society.  Lovely area which I am defininitely going back to as it's so close to us here in Garrucha.

Shame about the accident ....... a reminder of our own mortality in all that beauty.

Valerie
indalo

« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2012, 08:43:08 pm »

DEAR BARRY AND JAN. IT WAS A PLEASURE TO ATTEND YOU. MANY THANKS FOR YOUR MUCH APPRECIATED COMMENTS. FOR COORDINATES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW A PRIVATE MAIL. ONE MORE AMAZING DAY, INDEED.

indalo

« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2012, 08:45:17 pm »

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS, VALERIE. IT WAS A PLEASURE TAKING YOU ALSO ON THIS FIELD TRIP. NICE TO KNOW THAT YOU ENJOYED.

LOT MORE OF NICE LOCATIONS NEARBY LOS VELEZ.

JESUS

indalo

« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2012, 08:48:39 pm »

http://www.losgazquez.com/blog/?p=6160

http://www.livetravelmountains.com/mountain-traveler/art-and-sustainability/

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field Meeting - 25th February 2012 « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length