Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2019, 01:06:49 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Birding forum  |  General Information Wanted  |  Topic: Cabo de Gata & Las Alpujarras, August « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cabo de Gata & Las Alpujarras, August  (Read 3352 times)
nancarrow

« on: July 02, 2012, 11:30:57 am »

Dear all,
I will be trying to fit in some birding during a family holiday to Cabo de Gata & Las Alpujarras in August and was wondering if there might be any chance of Rufous Bush Robin, and if I'd be within a drive to an Azure-winged Magpie site. Any sites and tips would be really appreciated.
many thanks in advance.
nancarrow

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 05:02:30 pm »

does anyone have any advice? :'(
some tips would be great. many thanks!
Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 08:03:07 pm »

Hello Nancarrow,

I've only just seen your post, sorry, as others must have missed it too... I can only suggest that you get in touch with Jesus Contreras who lives in Almeria and he will be able to give you lots of information. He is a very knowledgeable man. He speaks excellent English. His email is indalodeoz@indalodeoz.com

Regards,

Brenda

Mick
ABS Member

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 10:09:48 pm »

Hello.

Yes for some reason I had also missed this post. For the Robin you will have to ask Jesus as we do not have them in Granada Province as a breeding species. The Azure-winged Magpie is easier, if you head for the lake to the west of the Alpujarras called Embalse de Bermejalis and look in the pines around the lake you should find them. In the same area there are good numbers of Golden, Bonelli's, Booted and Short-toed Eagles. If you do not find the magpie here then head north into the olive plantations and Oak woods around Alhama de Granada.

All the best Mick.

Mick Richardson, Birds, Butterflies, Dragonflies, Orchids and Wildflowers in Granada Province and beyond!

www.granadawildlife.com    THE WORK SITE.
www.lojawildlife.com        THE BLOG.
mickbirdinginspain@gmail.com      THE EMAIL.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Birding forum  |  General Information Wanted  |  Topic: Cabo de Gata & Las Alpujarras, August « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length