Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2019, 08:38:07 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Birding forum  |  Your Local Patch  |  Topic: Luguna Dulce « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luguna Dulce  (Read 3315 times)
Franky no Hair
Frank Hair of Buitre birding Holidays
ABS Member

« on: August 10, 2012, 06:51:12 pm »

Just to say I was at Luguna Dulce today and the water is still there, just and the birds are getting further away but there is still lots to see including Curlew sandpiper, Green Sandpiper, Black-tailed Godwit, White headed Duck and lots of  Flamingos to name but a few.  I was there last Sunday as well and a large flock of White storks came in about 100+ and they were still there today (maybe not the same flock but the same volume).  We had a good scan for crested coots but the water is too far away and seeing that little red knob is a bit hard at that distance.  I have not seen any Marsh harrier there since the water levels dropped at the start of the summer, has any one seen them, there were at lest 3 at the start of the year.  I have driven to the back along the farm tracks (yes the same ones I got stuck in a few years ago) and they have been renewed and are good to drive along except the one to the old farm house at is still a bit ruff.  Also there were hundreds of swifts there on Sunday. 
                                        Have Fun Frank

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
jerry
ABS Member

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 05:22:49 pm »

Thanks for the info.
B and J
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Birding forum  |  Your Local Patch  |  Topic: Luguna Dulce « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length