Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2019, 01:08:24 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field Meeting for January 2013 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Field Meeting for January 2013  (Read 13776 times)
David
David

« on: October 22, 2012, 06:51:45 pm »

Event: Members Field Meeting and Presentation of Financial Accounts

Date: 19th January 2013

Meeting Point: Visitor�s Centre Reception, Laguna de Fuente de Piedra.

Time: 09.00 am prompt please.

Leader of the day: David Hird

Directions to the Meeting Point: The laguna is located in the north of the province of M�laga (37� 6'N / 4� 46'W), near the town of Fuente de Piedra.
The turning for the Visitor's Centre is about 1Km west of the centre of Fuente de Piedra on the MA7279 road to Sierra de Yeguas (Grid Ref. 37� 08' 13.24" N / 4� 44' 29.95" W).

Information about the Meeting: The meeting will begin with exploring the area for wintering birds, including Common Crane, Stone Curlew, Little Bustard and other likely species within and around the nature reserve.
At approximately 11 am your committee will present the financial accounts for the year ending 31/12/2012 and discuss our budget for the year 2013.  This presentation will be given in the Lecture Room of the Visitors Centre.

Agenda.
1.   Chairman�s opening address and report
2.   Treasurer�s report of the financial accounts for the year ending 31/12/2012
3.   Budget Proposals for 2013
4.   Open discussion on budget proposals for 2013
5.   Any other business. Important Note: see below*

* Members may request specific items to be discussed at this meeting, however your points for inclusion should be submitted in writing to the Chairman no later than 12th January 2013. Any item received after this date will not be included.  Please submit your request addressed to the Chairman and on this link http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/contact-abs.html
We would request as many members as possible to attend this important meeting and have your say on the direction and development of your society.

Clothing and Food: No special clothing is required other than to note that it can be very chilly at 09:00 am at Laguna de Fuente de Piedra in January.
After the meeting we will have lunch at a Venta in the village of Fuente de Piedra.  After lunch members can take their time to further explore this wonderful nature reserve for some quality birding.

Your committee very much look forward to seeing you on the day.

David Hird (Chairman)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 08:58:42 am by David » Logged

David
Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 11:36:25 am »

Any members who know they will be attending this meeting can you let me know here please?

The magazine is due to be distributed very shortly and I can bring along copies for anyone who is attending to save on postage.

Thank you,

Brenda

jerry
ABS Member

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 07:42:43 am »

Jerry and I will be attending. Has the meeting been brought forward to 9 in the centre according to Ellie's e  mail?
Peter
'Please support ABS'
Administrator

www.spanishnature.com

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 10:40:50 am »

Jerry and I will be attending. Has the meeting been brought forward to 9 in the centre according to Ellie's e  mail?

Actually Jerry the main post (see 1st post) gives 9 am. The actually finance meeting is due to start at 11 am. The thinking was to do birding before and after the indoor meeting.

Peter

Peter
For great birding and wildlife tours.
www.worldwidebirdingtours.com

Articles are published on my blog: http://spanishnature.blogspot.com/
For day tours in 'my' area see: http://spanishnature.com/serrania-de-ronda.html
jerry
ABS Member

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 01:58:06 pm »

ok thanks , see you then .
Any more details on discount proposed by our leader for the Feb. Huelva trip , regards Barbara
Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 05:10:08 pm »

Do you mean for the accommodation Barbara?

I've already put it on the forum for February re the discount through Micky Smith. Is that what you mean?

A Happy New Year to you both!

wibbleypants

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 12:49:42 pm »

Event: Members Field Meeting and Presentation of Financial Accounts

Date: 19th January 2013

Meeting Point: Visitor�s Centre Reception, Laguna de Fuente de Piedra.

Time: 09.00 am prompt please.

Leader of the day: David Hird

Directions to the Meeting Point: The laguna is located in the north of the province of M�laga (37� 6'N / 4� 46'W), near the town of Fuente de Piedra.
The turning for the Visitor's Centre is about 1Km west of the centre of Fuente de Piedra on the MA7279 road to Sierra de Yeguas (Grid Ref. 37� 08' 13.24" N / 4� 44' 29.95" W).

Information about the Meeting: The meeting will begin with exploring the area for wintering birds, including Common Crane, Stone Curlew, Little Bustard and other likely species within and around the nature reserve.
At approximately 11 am your committee will present the financial accounts for the year ending 31/12/2012 and discuss our budget for the year 2013.  This presentation will be given in the Lecture Room of the Visitors Centre.

Agenda.
1.   Chairman�s opening address and report
2.   Treasurer�s report of the financial accounts for the year ending 31/12/2012
3.   Budget Proposals for 2013
4.   Open discussion on budget proposals for 2013
5.   Any other business. Important Note: see below*

* Members may request specific items to be discussed at this meeting, however your points for inclusion should be submitted in writing to the Chairman no later than 12th January 2013. Any item received after this date will not be included.  Please submit your request addressed to the Chairman and on this link http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/contact-abs.html
We would request as many members as possible to attend this important meeting and have your say on the direction and development of your society.

Clothing and Food: No special clothing is required other than to note that it can be very chilly at 09:00 am at Laguna de Fuente de Piedra in January.
After the meeting we will have lunch at a Venta in the village of Fuente de Piedra.  After lunch members can take their time to further explore this wonderful nature reserve for some quality birding.

Your committee very much look forward to seeing you on the day.

David Hird (Chairman)

Well, I wouldn't know a stone curlew if it jumped up and bit me, but I did see lots of flamingoes down there the other day. And seagulls. Where will you all be lunching? There's only really 2 places, and with things as they are, it might be a good idea to book ahead, so to speak. If you have an idea of numbers, I could let them know.
Peter
'Please support ABS'
Administrator

www.spanishnature.com

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 01:25:06 pm »

Well, I wouldn't know a stone curlew if it jumped up and bit me, but I did see lots of flamingoes down there the other day. And seagulls. Where will you all be lunching? There's only really 2 places, and with things as they are, it might be a good idea to book ahead, so to speak. If you have an idea of numbers, I could let them know.

I would imagine minimum numbers for lunch = 12 with a possibility for more! The venta in the square (Spanish family owned) can't remember the name, would be the best option for us. Thank you for your offer of help, very kind of you.

Peter

P.S. I'll answer your other question in your post on the other board.

Peter

wibbleypants

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 01:56:52 pm »

I just typed a lengthy reply, but when I came to publish it, it had timed me out and I lost all my text.
wibbleypants

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 01:58:42 pm »

What I said was I don't recommend the one you're thinking of, for various reasons. I'd suggest Casa Joaquín in the corner instead.

https://www.facebook.com/restaurante.casajoaquin.9

It's better, quicker and more varied menu.

Let me know.
wibbleypants

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 10:45:45 am »

So, do you want me to have a word, or not?
Peter
'Please support ABS'
Administrator

www.spanishnature.com

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 05:30:43 pm »

So, do you want me to have a word, or not?

I'm just an ordinary member, so it isn't up to me to say yes or no. I suggested the other venta simply because we have used it on at least 2 other occasions without complaint or problems. May be a committee member can give an answer?

Peter  ???

Peter

wibbleypants

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 05:44:43 pm »

The one you're probably thinking of is virtually closed. It only opens weekends and the choice, service etc. have suffered badly. They don't actually have any clients left. The son who now runs it is not popular for various reasons and everyone now eats at Joaquín's place. He has *much* more choice and faster service. But I really do firmly believe that it's worth deciding which place to go to in advance, so I can make sure they'll have someone working in the kitchen that day (particularly if you decide not to go to Joaquín's). Either way, no skin off my nose, I'll have a word with either :-)
Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 01:32:34 pm »

I have got all the members' magazines for those who I know will be there tomorrow.

The forecast is so awful for tomorrow that Pieter, Peter and I will not arrive until approx. 11.00hrs.

Brenda

wibbleypants

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 11:06:19 am »

There'll be no birding this morning. The weather is so bad, I've only just got out of bed. It's windy and wet, which means that down by the lake it will be horrendous. I'll maybe pop into the village at lunchtime for a coffee. I suspect they'll all be crammed into the bar on the square. The sun's just starting to burn through now, so maybe there'll be some birding after lunch.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field Meeting for January 2013 « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length