Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2019, 08:04:33 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Birding forum  |  General Information Wanted  |  Topic: Guadalhorce Reserve « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guadalhorce Reserve  (Read 2707 times)
Brian h

« on: September 16, 2014, 08:42:32 am »

Hello

I am staying near Torremolinos for 10days and would like to visit Guadalhorce for some bird watching. I came to this area last year and as I don't drive I caught the bus and walked from Macro.
Does anyone know if there is an easier way to get to the reserve using public transport. I think there may be an easier way from the beach. Can anyone help?

Brian h
Bob Wright
Bob Wright
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 08:45:07 am »

21 September 2014

Hi Brian!

Just read your message about visiting the Guardalhorce which is beginning to look great again with our Osprey back in residence along with Audouin's and Mediterranean Gulls plus a range of warblers and migrants, etc.

If it helps, I regularly see the local bus driving down to the beach at Guadalmar which would drop you off within an hundred meres or so,  I believe it is route 10 but not sure where it goes/comes from in Malaga.  It certainly passes through San Julian so with "Guadalmar" and "San Julian" somebody at the hotel ought to be able to provide the necessary information.  However, I do not think it connects with the airport so no exchange possibility there.

Hope this helps and saves the feet a little extra walking.

Good luck and best wishes

Bob Wright
Membership Secretary

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Birding forum  |  General Information Wanted  |  Topic: Guadalhorce Reserve « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length