Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2019, 04:38:28 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Anouncements and Rules  |  Topic: Resignation « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Resignation  (Read 4169 times)
Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« on: May 10, 2015, 06:57:48 pm »

It is with great regret that I announce the resignation of the Editor of our magazine, “The Birds of Andalucía.” Brenda Jones has held this position for the last three years, but due to increasing eye problems whilst working on a computer she feels that she can no longer compromise her eyesight. We greatly appreciate all the hard work she has put in producing the magazine and fully understand and accept her decision.
We are now looking for someone who would be willing to take over this position. It entails collecting articles and advertising, and of course editing. Please could you get in touch with us via the forum or our email at abs.sociedad@gmail.com if you are interested in this position. Thank you.

Dimisión

Con mucha pena presento la dimisión de la editora de nuestra revista, "The Birds of Andalucía”. Brenda Jones ha ocupado este cargo durante los últimos tres años. Debido a sufrir cada vez mayores problemas oculares al trabajar con el ordenador, siente que ya no puede continuar poniendo su vista en riesgo. Estamos muy agradecidos por todo el trabajo duro que ha invertido en la elaboración de la revista. Comprendemos y aceptamos plenamente su decisión. Actualmente estamos buscando a alguien que esté dispuesto a hacerse cargo de este trabajo cual incluye las tareas de recopilación de artículos y publicidad, y, por supuesto, la edición de los artículos. Por favor, contacte con nosotros a través del foro o nuestro correo electrónico abs.sociedad@gmail.com si está interesado/a en esta posición. Gracias.

Peter Jones

Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 11:43:33 am »

We would really like someone to come forward please, and offer their services. It is not hard work, only time consuming for one week before publication, 4 times a year.

Please let us know if you are interested in this position.

Thank you,

Brenda

Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 12:44:09 pm »

Surely there is someone out there who would like this position please. I reiterate that I can no longer do this, and the next magazine is due in one month.

We have most of the articles coming in now and most of the advertising is assured.

Please get in touch.

Brenda

Brenda
Supporting ABS
ABS Member

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 05:09:38 pm »

Due to a couple of requests that we stop the magazine and go online, (because I am resigning) I am not prepared to give up all our hard work in producing this paper copy yet. Therefore I rescind my resignation. I will continue, with help from others who happily give their time for editing, to a magazine that I am proud of.

Brenda

Trevor H
ABS Member

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 12:57:27 pm »

Hi Brenda

I'm glad that not only do you feel able to continue with your good work with the help of others and edit the magazine but that the Society publication will go forward, we would certainly miss an actual paper copy in our hands over an on-line copy.  We get many things sent to us both by post and email but I know the ones sent via the web are often either quickly read or discarded whereas those we get in the mail such as the ABS "Birds of Andalucia" are read cover to cover and then filed for future reference, in particular the details of trip reports so that we can visit at a later date.

Hopefully the assistance of others will lighten the burden and the magazine will continue to provide us with an entertaining, interesting and very useful contact with the group.

Many thanks

Trevor
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Anouncements and Rules  |  Topic: Resignation « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length