Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2019, 05:05:46 am
Home Help Login Register
News: Welcome to The Andalucia Bird Society Forum... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org  Bienvenido/a al Foro de la Sociedad Ornitologica Andaluza ... www.andaluciabirdsociety.org

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed Registration is FREE. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any difficulties registering on this Forum, please use this link for help http://www.andaluciabirdsociety.org/index.php/contact-abs

Para participar en el foro, antes es preciso registrarse, a traves del enlace de registro El registro es GRATIS. Para acceder a los mensajes, seleccione el foro que desea visitar, de la lista que hay a continuacion.

The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field meeting for Sept 2015 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Field meeting for Sept 2015  (Read 9688 times)
Franky no Hair
Frank Hair of Buitre birding Holidays
ABS Member

« on: June 28, 2015, 04:01:22 pm »

Event: Members Field Meeting for September 2015

Date: The date for this meeting is September the 19th

Meeting Point: Car park at Lidl on the outskirts of Tarifa 36degrees 01min 13.56sec N 5 degrees 36min 00.06sec W

Time: 9.30

Leader of the day: Frank Hair

Directions to the Meeting Point: Coming from the Algeciras side on the N340 it is the first turning for Tarifa, coming from the Cadiz side on the N340 it is the second turning for Tarifa halfway up the hill. The car park for Lido is on the right before you get into

Information about the Meeting: We will be meeting in the car park of Lidl on the outskirts of Tarifa as this is a place where we can pool cars and go to the observation point on the south side of the road. The fewer cars we take the better as there is limited parking at this observation point (Cazalla). The other observation point is on the other side of the road and if we want to go there we can cross the road on foot. But to put the cat amongst the pigeons if the wind is from the west we will be heading off to the other observation point which is near Algeciras (Algarrobo).  As with last year we will be splitting this event and some of us will be going to La Janda first and swapping for the afternoon.

Accommodation: We have 4 La Botica de Vejer, La Sacristia, Casa McCallion and Huerta Grande .  I have taken these names from the main ABS web site under links and then accommodation in Cadiz.

Clothing and Food: At this time of the year it will be hot, and there is little shade where we are going, so cool clothing is needed and a hat along with plenty of water.  I think that a packed lunch is needed for this day, as after we have a look at the birds on migration we will be heading off to La Janda to see what is waiting for the next day to migrate.

Possible birds: Black Kites, Honey Buzzard, White Stork, Short-toed Eagle, Booted Eagle, Egyptian Vulture, Griffon Vulture and possibly Black Stork.  These are the main souring birds but we should get some other migrants.

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
Bob Wright
Bob Wright
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 09:50:46 am »

Jenny and I will be attending along with Barbara and Derek Etherton and at least three others that I know of.

Bob Wright

tonyc
ABS Member

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 01:58:01 pm »

I will be joining the group as wel. Looking forward to a geat day.
Tony Carpenter.
PeteWoodall
Affiliated Member

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 10:02:08 am »

Pete and Satori are up for it, but will confirm next week.

The Hacketts

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 08:52:32 pm »

Hi Franky:
Diane and I will be at Tarifa for the 19th September meeting, looking forward to meeting you all again.
Linda
ABS Member

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 10:16:32 am »

I will be attending. Linda
Carlos
ABS Member

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 09:53:15 pm »

Hello Franky,
   Rocío and I will be attending too.

Kind regards,
   Carlos.
NormanMather
ABS Member

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 08:40:17 am »

Hi Frank I have just moved to the coast, Estepona, and would like to join you.  Are there any formalities required or can I just turn up?

Norman
Franky no Hair
ABS Member

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2015, 02:00:13 pm »

Hi Norman
                If you are a member of the Andalucia bird society all you have to do is turn up at the carpark at Lidl at 9.30 to enjoy, what has been in the past, a great day.  If your not a member you can join on the day, well worth it.
                                                                    Have Fun Frank

For long weekends or just days birding come with me to this wonderful part of Spain visit my web site at http://www.birdinginspain.co.uk/
Diane Cockayne
ABS Member

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2015, 05:46:07 pm »

We should be able to make next weekend for our first field meeting - hope to see you all there
Diane and David
Ricky Owen
ABS Member

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 09:49:00 pm »

Hi Franky

I and my wife Francisca will be hoping to attend the field meeting , this will be our first event and look forward to meeting members .

please be gentle with us

Ricky
NormanMather
ABS Member

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2015, 10:48:48 am »

Anyone coming from Estepona area am willing to car share - four spaces available.

Norman
GeoffBrowne
ABS Member

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2015, 03:05:09 pm »

Geoff & Sharon Browne will be coming on Saturday
Franky no Hair
ABS Member

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2015, 04:36:16 pm »

Hi Peeps Just had a look at El Tiemop and it looks good for Saturday as the wind is from the west and quit strong until Friday, on Saturday it turns the other way, from the East and is 36Km/h so should blow them our way.  At the moment there 22 on the forum so I may need a volunteer to help to split the group and half going to La Janda in the morning if it gets any bigger.
                                                                       Have Fun Frank

Sarah Wood
ABS Member

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2015, 08:20:24 pm »

Hello All,

I will be attending along with a friend who will register as a member on the day! Looking forward to it.

Sarah (and Catherine).
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
The Andalucia Bird Society  |  ABS Open forum  |  Calendar Events  |  Topic: Field meeting for Sept 2015 « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length